Wireless bridge, modded XBox, and FTP issues

I have a modded XBox connected to my network via a DLink GWL-810
bridge. XBox live works fine. But...

I can't FTP to my XBox. I have set a static IP address on the XBox but
my computers don't see the XBox on the LAN. When I connect the same
XBox directly to the LAN (wired connection), FTP works fine.

What determines the IP address of a device connected to a wireless
bridge?

Thanks in advance!!
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless bridge modded xbox issues

    <scott@rivendellfarm.us> wrote in message
    >I have a modded XBox connected to my network via a DLink GWL-810
    > bridge. XBox live works fine. But...
    >
    > I can't FTP to my XBox. I have set a static IP address on the XBox but
    > my computers don't see the XBox on the LAN. When I connect the same
    > XBox directly to the LAN (wired connection), FTP works fine.
    >
    > What determines the IP address of a device connected to a wireless
    > bridge?

    You need to find the address that the bridge has assigned to it, I'm not
    familiar with that model but it's not a clone of the xbox's internal IP. It may
    be assigned by DHCP by your wireless hub or assigned by it's built in firmware,
    best bet is to link it directly to your PC's Ethernet port then go to it's
    set-up page (you should find that in the instructions) you can then set it's IP
    to what ever you want it to be.

Console Gaming FTP Xbox Video Games