How to change Startup and Shutdown screens???

Hi all,

I'm having Windows XP pro with SP2 installed on my PC which is a
P4-2.26 Ghz with 128-DDRRam.
I was very much interested in changing both the Startup and the
Shutdown screens without the need to install any third party
software's. I'd tried StyleXP which had great result's but used to
slow down the system totally.
Does anyone have any suggestion's on this? I was thinking more on the
line's of the Win98se hack which allowed you to change the logo.sys
and the logow.sys files to change the screens.
All help appreciated.

Thanks,
Arvind.Kumar.

Hi Arvind,

If you go through the following article and implement it with extreme care,
you can accomplish what you want.

Boot INI Options reference
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/info/bootini.shtml

Look at the /BOOTLOGO switch.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"arvind" <arvindmumbai@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having Windows XP pro with SP2 installed on my PC which is a
> P4-2.26 Ghz with 128-DDRRam.
> I was very much interested in changing both the Startup and the
> Shutdown screens without the need to install any third party
> software's. I'd tried StyleXP which had great result's but used to
> slow down the system totally.
> Does anyone have any suggestion's on this? I was thinking more on the
> line's of the Win98se hack which allowed you to change the logo.sys
> and the logow.sys files to change the screens.
> All help appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Arvind.Kumar.

Hi Arvind,

Check out this proggy...

http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

It doesn't change the kernel (very dangerous), it doesn't change any system
files AND it's free!

CarbonT