Case Fan's How many do i need?

Heroicage

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I have a Half-tower with 2 fan holes in the front, back, top, bot and right sides all of them have 90mm and 120mm holes so i was wondering how many "case fans" would i need to keep my pc cool even when running heavy programs. I currently have 3 case Fans (which are pretty loud and i'm hoping to replace with a quiet but still efficient fan)

My Specs are:
8gb ram
i7 2600k-1st gen w/ a stock fan
AMD Radeon HD6800
An Ausus Motherboard
2TB Hard Drive

(no

InvalidError

Titan
I personally only use the front and rear fans. Those are the 2-3 most important ones to have, particularly if you are counting on front filters to mitigate dust ingestion.

The rear one pulls hot air from around the CPU area outside the case, which makes it the single most important case fan IMO. The PSU's own fan would be the second most important if we count it as a case fan. Then the filtered front/bottom intakes.

Heroicage

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
@ amuffin, im not sure what a "fan controller" is, i mean i'm using 3 pin fans and remember hearing somthing about not being able to control the speed using 3pins care to explain? :D

@Invalid Error so would the front fans be sucking and the back ones blowing out? and how would i know which way my i7 fan is blowing towards?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992005
These allow you to control the fans, regardless of connections.

InvalidError

Titan

As I said in my previous post. Basically a front-to-back airflow.

Fan airflow is fairly easy to determine: the fan rotates so the concave blades 'scoop up' air and shoves it out the concave side.