Sign in with
Your question

CM new cpu fan very loud

Last response: in Components
September 21, 2012 9:24:33 AM

1st of all i would like to salute the community (im new here) :D  . now my problem .my pc has very good cooling and all fans and the psu are from cooler master but while the psu/gpu/extra fans barely make any sound my cpu fan is very loud. i dont know why because im sure there is no dust and the sound is the same idle/heavy gaming.
can u guys help me find the issue ?
my cpu: i5 650 3.2ghz (3.4 ghz hyper-threading) and the fan is cooler master hyper 101 (i dont know exacly but is the very same design)

More about : cpu fan loud

a c 143 à CPUs
September 21, 2012 1:21:01 PM

you probably have the cpu cooling set at maximum performance which makes for a loud cooler.
September 21, 2012 1:28:11 PM

popatim said:
you probably have the cpu cooling set at maximum performance which makes for a loud cooler.

thanks for the answer. do you know a program or something to verify the fan speed like afterburner for gpu :) 
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 21, 2012 2:15:44 PM

HWMonitor from CPUID will tell you the speed of the processor fan.
September 21, 2012 2:56:19 PM

Raiddinn said:
HWMonitor from CPUID will tell you the speed of the processor fan.

thanx for the tip . my fan speed is 2.9k rpm on idle that must be the problem..how do i fix this like the fan to automatically roll depending on the circumstances (idle no noise/low rpm , when gaming more rpm) ? :D  (im such a noob)

a b à CPUs
September 21, 2012 3:56:37 PM

Are you sure you have it plugged into CPU_FAN on the motherboard? If it is plugged into most other ports it will run at max all the time.

The CPU_FAN port should modulate speed based on the temperatures detected.

If it is plugged into CPU_FAN and its running at max all the time, that would lead me to believe the cooling combo isn't installed right or the paste isn't conducting temperatures right.
!