Anyway to lower price down to $1700?

31 answers Last reply
More about anyway lower price 1700
  1. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006655&isNodeId=1&Description=pro3+gen3&x=0&y=0
    ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gen3 ATX Motherboard $130

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008&Tpk=carbide%20400r Corsair 400R Case $110

    That should lower it a bit. If you want to lower it even more, get ASRock B75 Pro3 Gen3.
  2. Will that case fit everything nicely with enough room?
  3. It is only a bit smaller than the HAF 932, so yes.
  4. Yes.
  5. For some reason its cheaper to get the HAF 932 by 1 dollar lol, i think its cuz of the rebate
  6. Lol.
  7. no CPU?
  8. Forgot to add link to CPU
  9. I need more feedback im purchasing within 2 hours
  10. CPU+PSU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.907400

    doubt you would need more than a 650W it can run 2x670 fine

    MOBO+Case: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.919544
    the case has a fan controller and looks very nice
    the Mobo will be all you need and has 2xPCI 3.0 slots if you want to SLI

    RAM: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
    save some money and go with these there is pretty much no difference besides design

    if you are not planning on doing a SLI in the future then i suggest buying a Mobo with only 1x PCI 3.0 slot to save a great deal of money

    also spending less on a case like a $75-100 will provide the same air cooling as one that is 100-200

    it will mostly matter if it has usb 3.0 front panel on newer cases and cooling will be done mostly by the CPU cooler
  11. boulbox said:
    CPU+PSU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.907400

    doubt you would need more than a 650W it can run 2x670 fine

    MOBO+Case: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.919544
    the case has a fan controller and looks very nice
    the Mobo will be all you need and has 2xPCI 3.0 slots if you want to SLI

    RAM: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
    save some money and go with these there is pretty much no difference besides design

    if you are not planning on doing a SLI in the future then i suggest buying a Mobo with only 1x PCI 3.0 slot to save a great deal of money

    also spending less on a case like a $75-100 will provide the same air cooling as one that is 100-200

    it will mostly matter if it has usb 3.0 front panel on newer cases and cooling will be done mostly by the CPU cooler


    Will take the case and mobo combo, as for the ram i need a low profile one so I will keep the one i have

    New total: 1,791
  12. Bump
  13. No bumping allowed on this forums.
  14. ^^
    Sorry

    Decided to go with ASUS P8Z77-V LK Mobo and the HAF 932 case since its only $3 more and read reviews of ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 saying that it has stability issues.
  15. It doesn't. If you read newegg reviews, they are not a good source. However, your mobo is good.
  16. Alright, will buy this setup
  17. First off you never shop newegg canada unless you want to get totally hosed with shipping charges.


    Direct Canada and Best Direct Canada are affiliated (both ship out of the same warehouse in Richmond, BC) and both offer FREE SHIPPING. Any order over $50 @ Direct Canada is FREE SHIPPING and any order over $80 @ Best Direct Canada is FREE SHIPPING.

    http://www.directcanada.com/

    http://www.bestdirect.ca/

    This build allows you to add another one of those cards later on in SLI


    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11180AC6193&vpn=CC-9011011-WW&manufacture=CORSAIR $86.52
    Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Case ATX 4X5.25 6X3.5INT USB 1394 No PS

    http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-400r-mid-tower-case.html <----- another look at that case

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=15180AC1911&vpn=P1750BNLG9&manufacture=XFX $120.44
    XFX 750W PRO750W XXX Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Modular Power Supply 80PLUS Silver

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950BD6547&vpn=P8Z77-V%20LK&manufacture=Others $150.12 MIR. $130.12
    ASUS P8Z77-V Lk ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA3 DVI HDMI DP USB3.0 Motherboard

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z77V_LK/ <----- another look at that board

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12200BD0768&vpn=BX80637I53570K&manufacture=INTEL $244.40
    Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11130AC0554&vpn=RR-212E-20PK-R2&manufacture=COOLERMASTER $31.05
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink AM2 AM3 LGA1366/1155/1156/2011 120MM

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=15380BD5211&vpn=F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL&manufacture=G.SKILL $50.59
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10530DR5213&vpn=DRW-24B1ST%20Bulk&manufacture=ASUS $17.79
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer OEM Black

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950AC0275&vpn=ST500DM002&manufacture=SEAGATE $74.20
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB 3.5IN 16MB Cache SATA3 Internal Hard Disk Drive HDD

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950BD6407&vpn=GTX670-DC2T-2GD5&manufacture=ASUS $439.79
    ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II 1137MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card

    http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/GTX670DC2T2GD5/ <----- another look at that Asus card

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10530MN1490&vpn=VS228H-P&manufacture=ASUS $137.28
    ASUS VS228H-P 21.5IN Widescreen LED LCD Monitor 1920X1080 5ms 50M:1 250CD/M2 HDMI VGA

    Total: $1,352.18 CAD *not including tax & mail in rebates


    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12850SW2113&vpn=GFC-02050&manufacture=MICROSOFT $94.93
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT SP1 DVD OEM

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950DR5419&vpn=SVP200S3/120G&manufacture=KINGSTON $111.76
    Kingston SVP200S3/120G 120GB SSDNow V+200 SATA 3 2.5 Solid State Drive


    ***For a single card set up (most people never get around to adding a second card later on) then look at this board and psu down below.


    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950BD1852&vpn=Z77%20Pro%203&manufacture=ASROCK $127.44
    ASRock Z77 Pro 3 ATX LGA1155 DDR3 CrossFireX 2PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 HDMI USB3.0 Motherboard

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77%20Pro3 <---- another look at that board

    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/239795/HCG-620M/ANTEC/ $83.28
    Antec HCG-620M 620W ATX12V Modular SINGLE-RAIL 48A 80PLUS Bronze 135mm Fan Active PFC Power Supply

    and this case is one to take a look at...

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11180AC3384&vpn=CC-9011014-WW&manufacture=CORSAIR $73.50
    Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Gaming Case ATX 3X5.25 4X3.5 Front USB Audio No PSU

    http://www.corsair.com/carbide-series-300r-compact-pc-gaming-case.html <----- another look at that case
  18. ^^
    Damnn thanks! will buy all my parts from directcanada
  19. g-gill24 said:
    Will take the case and mobo combo, as for the ram i need a low profile one so I will keep the one i have

    New total: 1,791


    that ram will fit with that cooler. they are the best selling ram ive seen.
  20. Second the Direct Canada and Best Direct - pretty fast too. Ive also done some business with NCIX.ca - shipping ok - very fast.
    -Bruce
  21. Can you suggest me any PSU from direct canada
  22. g-gill24 said:
    Can you suggest me any PSU from direct canada

    For a dual card set up or for a single card set up (no second card in the future) ?


    I posted that XFX modular 750w psu. XFX psu's are manufactured by Seasonic. If your looking for a cheaper Seasonic OEM peu to power two those cards then this one down below.

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11180AC9104&vpn=CMPSU-750TXV2&manufacture=CORSAIR $105.87
    Corsair TX750 V2 750W ATX 12V Single Rail 60A 24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 80PLUS Bronze
  23. Direct Canada cost more than newegg after all the taxes and environmental fee
  24. Im not getting free shipping for some reason

    its charing me $58 bucks
  25. g-gill24 said:
    Direct Canada cost more than newegg after all the taxes and environmental fee

    Direct Canada charges more taxes and more money in enviro fee's than newegg canada? Because that same build done on newegg totals to more than $100 in shipping.
  26. Yep you really do not need an 850 watt psu for this set up either.
  27. Why_Me said:
    Direct Canada charges more taxes and more money in enviro fee's than newegg canada? Because that same build done on newegg totals to more than $100 in shipping.


    Direct Canada 223 tax + 58 shipping = 281

    Newegg total for tax + shipping + environmental fee = 177.9
  28. g-gill24 said:
    Direct Canada 223 tax + 58 shipping = 281

    Newegg total for tax + shipping + environmental fee = 177.9

    I would be on the phone calling them and asking them what the deal is on that. Their free shipping is all ground shipping and you shouldn't be getting hosed like that. They have customer service there so give them a call and have them fix it.
  29. Why_Me said:
    I would be on the phone calling them and asking them what the deal is on that. Their free shipping is all ground shipping and you shouldn't be getting hosed like that. They have customer service there so give them a call and have them fix it.


    Would still cost more than newegg lol
  30. g-gill24 said:
    Would still cost more than newegg lol

    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/why-am-i-charged-an-environmental-handling-fee/hc8134.aspx <---- that's the closest I can find to anything on that. I'm not canadian so I don't know about what the taxes and laws are in each province. I mean you must live in a province, direct canada is in BC (a province) but again I don't know how newegg gets by canadian laws and tariffs. Apparently they do so that's good for the consumer. If dicect canada cost more for canadians that don't live in BC I think I'm going to stop recommending them on here. Again though only you know what provence you live in and maybe it's the same one newegg canada has their warehouse...I believe they have one in Ontario and they might have one on the west coast of canada.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems