Normal mode problem(hd 5770)

tosha95

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
so here is the deal. I turned on my pc and wanted to play a little League of Legends. Since i didn't play it for weeks, it needed some time to update. So i decided to update my skype too. In the middle of the update the pc froze...i was only able to move around my cursor (without clicking) and turn off/on numlock, capslock and scrolllock. At that point i decided to restart my pc so i did. It asked me to choose a mode to start it, so i choose normal mode. All that showed up was a totally black screen and the cursor. so i restarted it again, but this time in safe mode. i thought it was a good idea to delete skype and league of legends because the pc crashed when those two were working. In control panel i uninstalled League of Legends with no problem but i couldn't delete skype. So i went directly in the program files and deleted the skype folder. I scanned my pc from safe mode and it showed up with 0 infected files. Tried to start it in normal mode again. didn't work :( .

Short story: i can't start my pc in normal mode.

Thanks

P.S.
My friend told me that i need to reinstall my graphic card driver (ATI radeon hd 5770)

I would be happy to hear your opinion :bounce:

tosha95

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
i went back, deleted skype thanks to YourUninstaller and it still doesn't work...so now i even made a bigger problem out of it, i uninstalled my graphics card and put in the cd to install it again, and now even that won't work.....i don't know what to do

4745454b

Titan
It might be time to reload windows.

YourUninstaller? Never heard of it. What happens when you try to load your GPU drivers? I'm not sure how skype effects systems so you might have an issue in DX or something deep in windows. Considering you powered down in the middle of an update for several things a windows reinstall might be the only answer. Easiest one I can think of anyways.

tosha95

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
i never reloaded windows on my own, can you give me a tutorial or something
By the way, i used Driver Genius Professional edition v11 and it said i needed to download a lot of drivers, i tried to download the driver for my graphic card and it downloaded, when that was done i tried to install it and it failed...