6310i cover question

Now lets just assume that (and I'm not saying this actually happened
OK) that someone was stupid enough to put his (or her, obviously, this
didn't happen) 6310i on the bonnet of his landrover, and then without
thinking, driven off.

Should this terrible thing ever happen to anyone (because it hasn't
happened to me....) is there a way to replace the cover on the phone.

I would assume (but obviously not know first hand) that the cover
would have various dents, scratches and the odd deep scrape if this
were ever to happen.

Any ideas out there?

More about 6310i cover question

    "Detrious" <DetriousalphaREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Now lets just assume that (and I'm not saying this actually happened
    > OK) that someone was stupid enough to put his (or her, obviously, this
    > didn't happen) 6310i on the bonnet of his landrover, and then without
    > thinking, driven off.
    >
    > Should this terrible thing ever happen to anyone (because it hasn't
    > happened to me....) is there a way to replace the cover on the phone.
    >
    > I would assume (but obviously not know first hand) that the cover
    > would have various dents, scratches and the odd deep scrape if this
    > were ever to happen.
    >
    > Any ideas out there?

    Have a look at the site in my sig, that should help you......err......
    anyone daft enough to leave a phone on their bonnet to change the fascia.

    HTH

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<

    >Any ideas out there?

    Sure

    Buy a cover on E-Bay and replace the scratched one with the one that you just
    bought.

    --
    John S.

    On 31 May 2004, Detrious wrote

    > Now lets just assume that (and I'm not saying this actually
    > happened OK) that someone was stupid enough to put his (or her,
    > obviously, this didn't happen) 6310i on the bonnet of his
    > landrover, and then without thinking, driven off.
    >
    > Should this terrible thing ever happen to anyone (because it
    > hasn't happened to me....) is there a way to replace the cover on
    > the phone.
    >
    > I would assume (but obviously not know first hand) that the cover
    > would have various dents, scratches and the odd deep scrape if
    > this were ever to happen.
    >
    > Any ideas out there?

    Of course, *nobody* would be dumb enough to do such a thing; and if
    they did, they'd certainly not want to look at sites like these, since
    some of the URLs might wrap badly...

    http://www.eliteelectronics.co.uk/Nokia_6310_6310i_Fascia.html

    http://www.mobile-phone-accessories-
    shop.co.uk/unbranded/nokia6310.shtml

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Any scratches on the Car?
    Hope not.

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:58:26 +0200, "Jan Pasterkamp"
    <news@bijtelcom.nl> wrote:

    >Any scratches on the Car?
    >Hope not.

    Of course there aren't as obviously this didn't happen.
    I'm just glad that the screen would be ok if this happened,
    theoretically...

    Cheers for all the help, I can pass this on if someone does switch
    their brain off and do something so incredbly stupid :-)

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 20:02:24 GMT, "Richard Colton"
    <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:

    >Have a look at the site in my sig, that should help you......err......
    >anyone daft enough to leave a phone on their bonnet to change the fascia.
    >
    >HTH

    Out of interest, how difficult is it to replace the display on a
    6310i?
    My cat killed this one as it decided it obviously looked like a mouse
    or something, and batted it off the kitchen counter (what the bloody
    thing was doing up there I don't know. It's probably the wife, she's
    far too bloody soft with the thing....)

    Anyhoo, I am going to taks that one apart first, as it doesn't work,
    before I buy the bits to have a go on the hypothetical one ;-)

    Again, cheers for the help.

    Detrious <DetriousalphaREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Out of interest, how difficult is it to replace the display on a
    >6310i?

    >My cat killed this one as it decided it obviously looked like a mouse
    >or something, and batted it off the kitchen counter (what the bloody
    >thing was doing up there I don't know. It's probably the wife, she's
    >far too bloody soft with the thing....)

    You should tell your wife to be much stricter with your phone. ;-)

    --

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:47:14 +0100, Paul Hopwood <paul@hopwood.org.uk>
    wrote:

    >Detrious <DetriousalphaREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Out of interest, how difficult is it to replace the display on a
    >>6310i?
    >
    >>My cat killed this one as it decided it obviously looked like a mouse
    >>or something, and batted it off the kitchen counter (what the bloody
    >>thing was doing up there I don't know. It's probably the wife, she's
    >>far too bloody soft with the thing....)
    >
    >You should tell your wife to be much stricter with your phone. ;-)

    Oh everyone is a comedian.......
    :-)

Nokia