Closed

VIP 600W smps can handle HD 7850 2GB

I'm buying 7850 2GB.. My current config is AMD Phenom 2 x4 965, 8GB ram DDR3 1600MHZ 2x2 4x1,ASrock 970 extreme 4, 2 SATA HDD. Can my VIP 600W smps handle 7850 2GB .. before it I had HD 4890 worked fine with this SMPS and also what is current rating on dual 12V rails of VIP 600W. Please help me out
6 answers Last reply
More about 600w smps handle 7850
  1. A 4890 uses a lot more power than a 7850, so yes you can use it.
  2. geekapproved said:
    A 4890 uses a lot more power than a 7850, so yes you can use it.

    Thanks for the reply.
  3. coolrameez16 said:
    I'm buying 7850 2GB.. My current config is AMD Phenom 2 x4 965, 8GB ram DDR3 1600MHZ 2x2 4x1,ASrock 970 extreme 4, 2 SATA HDD. Can my VIP 600W smps handle 7850 2GB .. before it I had HD 4890 worked fine with this SMPS and also what is current rating on dual 12V rails of VIP 600W. Please help me out

    For a system using a reference clocked single Radeon HD 7850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

    VIP tends to use the SMPS' peak power rating and not the continuous power rating in marketing their SMPS' since it makes it look like its capable of more than its competitors. My educated guess is that the VIP 600W SMPS has a combined +12V continuous current rating of somewhere around 36 Amps. It should have one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector so it should be more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 7850.
  4. ko888 said:
    For a system using a reference clocked single Radeon HD 7850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

    VIP tends to use the SMPS' peak power rating and not the continuous power rating in marketing their SMPS' since it makes it look like its capable of more than its competitors. My educated guess is that the VIP 600W SMPS has a combined +12V continuous current rating of somewhere around 36 Amps. It should have one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector so it should be more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 7850.

    Thanks but can you tell the peak watt of vip 600w and max watt... Vip smps are good as cooler master one ? can i overclock my gpu to 40mhz more.. Please reply
  5. ko888 said:
    For a system using a reference clocked single Radeon HD 7850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

    VIP tends to use the SMPS' peak power rating and not the continuous power rating in marketing their SMPS' since it makes it look like its capable of more than its competitors. My educated guess is that the VIP 600W SMPS has a combined +12V continuous current rating of somewhere around 36 Amps. It should have one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector so it should be more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 7850.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies HD Components