My cpu wont boot when my hd5770 video card is inserted

i'm having a big problem with my computer right now
it suddenly turns off and when i try to turn it on again
the computer turns off again after a second. and if i let
it rest for an hour or more i can use it again. and this week
my problem got bigger when my computer won't boot at all
anymore when i wake up. and i tried to trouble shoot.
if i remove the video card which is xfx hd 5770 my computer
are starting to boot. but the sudden turn off. of my computer
won't stop. now no matter what i do each time i insert my
hd 5770 the computer won't boot. it just displays blank screen
but sometimes it displays and starts to boot but when i look at
my device on my computer it i can't see the hd 5770. its like
computer can't detect the card. but the card's fan are spinning.

help please... i don't know what to do anymore
6 answers Last reply
More about wont boot hd5770 video card inserted
  1. what kind of power supply do you have
    it sounds like the psu can't handle the additional load of the gpu
  2. alfie033 said:
    i'm having a big problem with my computer right now
    it suddenly turns off and when i try to turn it on again
    the computer turns off again after a second. and if i let
    it rest for an hour or more i can use it again. and this week
    my problem got bigger when my computer won't boot at all
    anymore when i wake up. and i tried to trouble shoot.
    if i remove the video card which is xfx hd 5770 my computer
    are starting to boot. but the sudden turn off. of my computer
    won't stop. now no matter what i do each time i insert my
    hd 5770 the computer won't boot. it just displays blank screen
    but sometimes it displays and starts to boot but when i look at
    my device on my computer it i can't see the hd 5770. its like
    computer can't detect the card. but the card's fan are spinning.

    help please... i don't know what to do anymore


    I have the same exact problem but I'm using a gigabyte radeon HD7750.

    This is my machine's spec:
    Dell studio 540
    Intel Q8200 Core2 Quad 2.3 GHz
    6GB DDR2 RAM
    350W generic PSU.

    The same exact thing happened to me. I was playing world of warcraft and suddenly the screen turned black, keyboard and mouse not responding and when I tried to reboot the box, nothing happened. I took out the card (brand new just got it on monday) off the PCIe slot and the computer boots fine. I plugged in my old NVidia 7600GS and everything works fine. After that I tried the new card again and it worked for a few hours and the same thing happened. After the 3rd time happened I couldn't use the new radeon card at all. I just shipped it back to newegg to ask for a replacement card but seeing this now I'm thinking that maybe the card was fine?

    Can anyone help us with this?
  3. Hello alfie033,

    As what alvine mentioned what power supply do you have? Stock 5770 requires a minnimum of a 450W PSU (good quality one).

    @siregar0511 do not hijack this thread. Please create your own to limit the confusion of posts...
  4. alvine said:
    what kind of power supply do you have
    it sounds like the psu can't handle the additional load of the gpu



    my psu is acbel 660 i searched it in the net. and it has a horrible reputation..
  5. Chainzsaw said:
    Hello alfie033,

    As what alvine mentioned what power supply do you have? Stock 5770 requires a minnimum of a 450W PSU (good quality one).

    @siregar0511 do not hijack this thread. Please create your own to limit the confusion of posts...



    my psu is acbel 660 i used my hd 5770 with psu for almost 2 years. then one day the problem started to occur and it get bigger each day
  6. this is my complete specs:

    phenom x3 8650 @2.3ghz
    2gb ram ddr2
    350gb hdd
    xfx hd5770 1gb
    acbel 660 ipower
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Boot Computer Graphics