Sign in with
Your question

Zotac gtx 680

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 28, 2012 6:47:51 PM

Just purchased a gtx 680. Don't know much about the brand but am really anxious to get my hands on one of these cards.

Anyone tell me if I made a bad choice going with this company? Reference card comments aside please :) 

EDIT: removed websites name i bought it from so mods don't think i'm promo there product

More about : zotac gtx 680

a b U Graphics card
March 28, 2012 7:02:17 PM

Zotac is a fine brand. The only downside is that the Zotac GTX 680 only has a 2 year warranty instead of the 3 year offered by the rest of the launch cards.
m
l
March 28, 2012 7:10:45 PM

striker410 said:
Zotac is a fine brand. The only downside is that the Zotac GTX 680 only has a 2 year warranty instead of the 3 year offered by the rest of the launch cards.

Ahh missed that part when buying. That scares me a little. I guess worst case scenario I can return it for a "better" brand within 30 days if I choose.
m
l
Related resources
March 28, 2012 7:24:29 PM

I am a loyal zotac gpu user , ive owned 2x zotac gts 250s , a gtx 470 , and currently im running a gtx 570. I play games like , Skyrim, Crysis 2 , Battlefield 3, Final Fantasy XIV , minecraft, star wars: the old republic , kingdoms of amalur , diablo 3 beta (just to name several) and my Zotac cards have served me very well with no problems whatsoever. I plan on purchasing the zotac gtx 680 ( perhaps the superclock version if i can be patient about it). I saw the newegg posting a little while ago and i dwelled on whether i should buy or not until it finally sold out , lol.

Grats on your purchase! Unfortunately I'm extremely indecisive. >_<
m
l
March 28, 2012 9:36:10 PM

Hooptymobile said:
I am a loyal zotac gpu user , ive owned 2x zotac gts 250s , a gtx 470 , and currently im running a gtx 570. I play games like , Skyrim, Crysis 2 , Battlefield 3, Final Fantasy XIV , minecraft, star wars: the old republic , kingdoms of amalur , diablo 3 beta (just to name several) and my Zotac cards have served me very well with no problems whatsoever. I plan on purchasing the zotac gtx 680 ( perhaps the superclock version if i can be patient about it). I saw the newegg posting a little while ago and i dwelled on whether i should buy or not until it finally sold out , lol.

Grats on your purchase! Unfortunately I'm extremely indecisive. >_<

Thanks! Yeah I hit refresh just randomly and it popped up in stock. I knew I needed to buy quick before it was to late. Sure enough I made my purchase then checked back 5 minutes later and it was gone again. I'm sure it will be just a few more days and they will have more but I've been reading about these for a few months now and had the itch!

I'm usually a Asus/EVGA fanboy so it will be nice to venture out with another product hopefully. Seems Zotac is bigger in the UK than here but with these being resource cards and all I can't really imagine them being THAT MUCH different.
m
l
!