Sign in with
Your question

Crossfire for HD5570, HD5670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 28, 2012 7:31:15 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to crossfire the above cards, i have a Asus P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 motherboard running Windows 7 Home Basic. I've already changed the mobo bios settings to x1 for the PCI-E slots to function. Both are recognized by Win7, but CCC has my 5570 disabled and I don't see the crossfirex option to enable them. My PSU is only 400W. Could this be the issue? Or do i need to have dual monitors connected?
a c 180 V Motherboard
March 28, 2012 8:24:41 PM

Do you have the crossfire bridge connecting the two cards? Are you sure that you can crossfire two different cards? I wasn't aware that you could crossfire a 5570 and a 5670.
m
l
April 4, 2012 1:25:53 AM

Supposedly these don't have a bridge since they crossfire thru the mobo. But yes, according the previous charts, they were compatible. Unfortunately, AMD updated the chart recently to include the newer cards and they don't show the old ones anymore.

Be that as it may, I just gave up and decided to sell the (2) practically new cards (it's on Amazon at the moment for cheap) and buy a AMD Radeon HD 7750. (recommended buy from Tom's!). =)
m
l
Related resources
a c 180 V Motherboard
April 4, 2012 3:16:02 AM

I can't say that I have ever heard of crossfire through the motherboard , my understanding is that you have to have the ribbon connector to connect the cards. I do know that you can crossfire the intergrated video with a seperate card through the motherboard.
m
l
!