Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Hi,

Wondering if someone can help me,

I have a new system as below:

Intel DZ77RE75K Extreme motherboard
16GB DDR3 2133mhz Corsair ram
2 Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD raided 0
XFX HD 7970 Ghz Edition 3GB Graphics (single)

My problems are:

I scored 8300 on 3dmark (basic edition)
Various programs including 3dmark report my graphics clock speed at a all very low 300mhz :S
And memory clock 150

Also my ram using is only showing the correct mhz(1067*2=2133 ...dual channel) on the forth line along where others are strange numbers....see picture below......

Untitled.jpg

I just feel that my system inst tuned, or may have faulty parts, I am getting a low 8k 3dmark score to :(..If any can help me with anything, I would be in your debt, I have even my CPU in Windows showing at 3.5 even though it is set in bios to 4.0ghz :(

thanks in advance

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
There should be a "similar system scores" chart in the webpage 3dmark takes you to when it shows you your scores.

This chart will show you how others with systems like yours are scoring.

Well, I can solve the RAM speed problem for you, at least.

You need to enable the X.M.P. profile (the fourth line that you're talking about in the CPU-Z screen shot) in the BIOS. RAM faster than 1333 will default to 1333, so you need to either enable the X.M.P. profile (easiest), or set all of the settings manually.

That wouldn't really fix any performance issues, though, since there's not much real-world difference between 1333 and 2133. It seems like there should be, but there just isn't. It may help benchmark scores a bit though (and it'll definitely help RAM based benches), but you really shouldn't get hung up on bench scores.

What you need to ask yourself is "does this system "feel" slow to me and perform terribly"? If that answer is "no", then don't worry about bench scores.

As far as your CPU showing 3.5Ghz, where does it say that? Windows System Info? If that's what you're worried about, System Info rarely ever shows overclocked speeds for Intel CPU's (for instance, it says my 2500K is 3.3 (stock), when every other program says 4.5, which is the obvious truth and it performs like a 4.5 2500K should). Just ignore it, if that's what you're talking about.

khobbs_uk

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks for that......

I have enabled XMP, in bios it shows 2133, I cant see any option to do this on each seperate memory slot, just dosnt make sense at all into why one slot is correct :( any more ideas lol?

thanks

It affects all slots, not just one. There isn't a way to set the configuration for each module individually (which, off topic, is why it's bad to use kits that have different speeds, etc., as well).

khobbs_uk

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
i did a new test, results.....

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4454877

there you will see core clock 300mhz , and memory clock 150mhz on the gpu

and the processor clock is 2993 , bios its set to 4.8

and the memory, all 4 show ddr 667 (pc3 10200)

these numbers dont seem right , i used thew CPU Z program, and then put load on the cpu with intels cpu tool, and the CPU actualy did run at 3.79ghz.....but these other numbers are just to strange

TRENDING THREADS