Best Graphics Settings

I would appreciate it if someone could
tell me the best way to set the following
graphics settings so I get the best frame rates
and still have pretty good looking graphics.

Anisotropic Filtering
Texture Preference
Mipmap Detail Level
Wait For Vertical Sync
Truform

My system...

Windows XP Home
2.66 GHz P4
1 Gig Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics Card
SoundBlaster Live Sound Card

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about best graphics settings

    Well, It's mostly down to what you think looks nice, and what level of FPS
    you like to play with. I like high FPS, but still like a nice pic. I have an
    almost identical spec computer. This is what I use:

    > Anisotropic Filtering
    OFF

    > Texture Preference
    High Performance.

    > Mipmap Detail Level
    High Performance

    > Wait For Vertical Sync
    On

    > Truform
    Off

    Oh and of course, enable all refresh rates and set your refresh rate as high
    as possible. I run at 100hz.

    If you can tell the difference between high and low on some of these
    settings whilst playing then you need to be concentrating on the enemy and
    minimap more! The graphic settings in-game have more visual effect.

    Oh and of course keep AA off, as it /generally/ screws up the writing in
    BF1942, ok in BFV, but you'll take a big FPS hit.

    L.

    Lorian wrote:
    > Well, It's mostly down to what you think looks nice, and what level of FPS
    > you like to play with. I like high FPS, but still like a nice pic. I have an
    > almost identical spec computer. This is what I use:
    >

    >>Anisotropic Filtering
    >
    > OFF
    >

    >>Texture Preference
    >
    > High Performance.
    >

    >>Mipmap Detail Level
    >
    > High Performance
    >

    >>Wait For Vertical Sync
    >
    > On
    >

    >>Truform
    >
    > Off
    >
    > Oh and of course, enable all refresh rates and set your refresh rate as high
    > as possible. I run at 100hz.
    >
    > If you can tell the difference between high and low on some of these
    > settings whilst playing then you need to be concentrating on the enemy and
    > minimap more! The graphic settings in-game have more visual effect.
    >
    > Oh and of course keep AA off, as it /generally/ screws up the writing in
    > BF1942, ok in BFV, but you'll take a big FPS hit.
    >
    > L.

    And it's Lorian to the rescue again.
    Thank you very much.

    Mitch wrote:
    > I would appreciate it if someone could
    > tell me the best way to set the following
    > graphics settings so I get the best frame rates
    > and still have pretty good looking graphics.
    >
    > Anisotropic Filtering
    > Texture Preference
    > Mipmap Detail Level
    > Wait For Vertical Sync
    > Truform
    >
    > My system...
    >
    > Windows XP Home
    > 2.66 GHz P4
    > 1 Gig Ram
    > ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics Card
    > SoundBlaster Live Sound Card

    Your system is powerfull, you shouldn't need to compromise.

    However, if you really want to improve performance, turn off Anisotropic
    Filtering, set Texture to medium, mipmap to medium to, and turn Vertical
    Sync. It should still look acceptable.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Achtung Ecco wrote:
    > Mitch wrote:
    >
    >> I would appreciate it if someone could
    >> tell me the best way to set the following
    >> graphics settings so I get the best frame rates
    >> and still have pretty good looking graphics.
    >>
    >> Anisotropic Filtering
    >> Texture Preference
    >> Mipmap Detail Level
    >> Wait For Vertical Sync
    >> Truform
    >>
    >> My system...
    >>
    >> Windows XP Home
    >> 2.66 GHz P4
    >> 1 Gig Ram
    >> ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics Card
    >> SoundBlaster Live Sound Card
    >

    > Your system is powerfull, you shouldn't need to compromise.
    >
    > However, if you really want to improve performance, turn off Anisotropic
    > Filtering, set Texture to medium, mipmap to medium to, and turn Vertical
    > Sync. It should still look acceptable.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco

    Thanks a lot.