Little question about PSU

no. if you plan to overclock, get something like a 650w psu. you will have enough juice to run crossfire/sli and overclock your cpu. just to mention, you will need a graphics card as fx processors dont have intergrated graphics

you mad bro? fx 4100 eats 95w at stock. 6850 eats around 125w= 220w. if you overclock, you get 200w tdp with a single fx chip= 325w. by then, your psu will sound like a jet engine and will fail quite easily. then you have to add your drives and all the other peripherals. getting 550-650w will be optimal to make sure your system runs fine.

dr0gg3r

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Well I have ~50 euros to spend on PSU in Serbia , can you recommend me some ? Also I haven't bought case yet , but I plan on buying one with PSU on the bottom , just so you know .

I have NO clue as to prices in Serbia:(

If you are on a budget, it is OK to buy a cheap case.
It does not matter if the psu is on the bottom or the top.

But, the only case I would buy that included a PSU is Antec. Others are mostly junk.

DO NOT go cheap on the psu for many reasons.

dr0gg3r

Honorable
May 25, 2012
http://pcberza.rs/komponente/napajanja-napajanja/235/

Select wattage , type in names or anything , prices are in euros so it should be easy for you to go around :))

You are on your own here. I see NO brands that I am familiar with, let alone heard of. Sorry.

You will have to do some searching of reviews to get some sense of wuality.

D

Deleted member 217926

The Silverstone Strider Essential ST50F-ES 500 watt is an excellent power supply and the only brand I see on that website I have ever heard of.

http://pcberza.rs/detaljnije/desk/127-10676/

If you want to look around some more Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec are all quality brands. You can probably add Kingwin to that list.

Also you would usually only need a 450w power supply for that system but the AMD FX chips are so inefficient they can pull a huge amount of power when overclocked so you are better off going over what's recommended a bit. I would go with 500 watts minimum.

dr0gg3r

Honorable
May 25, 2012
First to say that Cooler Master is relatively well known name here and I trust them :D

Secnd is my question , I just got a bump in a budget ( $_$ ) should I spend it on a 650w quality PSU or maybe get a fx-6100 + 550w ???

Don't try to push the PSU's ability. FX processors are already notoriously power hungry. Overclocked to the max and it'll be draining your wall socket of electrons.

Spend your extra cash on not just more Wattage. Spend it on quality by looking for the brands mentioned above.

D

Deleted member 217926

It matters not one bit what CPU and graphics cards brands you run together. Besides Intel and Nvidia are different companies. For a long time an Intel CPU paired with an AMD card was the best you could get. Intel CPUs still are but the new GTX 6xx line from Nvidia is very good.

dr0gg3r

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Can you tell me an equivalent build using intel and asus ( I maybe give up amd , but not asus :D )

Edit1: Forgot to mention that I already bought the graphic card , so no nVidia for me :D