Sign in with
Your question

PSU short circuit or something else

Last response: in Components
September 22, 2012 2:15:09 PM

Hey guys. I need some advice. I am currently build another PC for myself. Recently, I had a spare PSU that I used for my previous PC. It is the Antec High Current Gaming 750W. So when I hooked up everything, fan started spinning and then turned off in 1s second. So I did check everything, unplugged each item to see where it failed. Then I found out that when I plugged power into any drive (HDD, DVD), it would happen. If I did not plug power cable to the drives, it will boot into BIOS and remained on. So I figure out that I would let the PC on for a period of time before plug the power into the drives and it worked. I don't know if the PSU is faulty or not. I hope I can have some answers before I contact Antec for repair.

Additional information: I stored that PSU for about 3 months because I bought another for my previous PC, so is there anything wrong if I did not use the PSU for a period of time. Moreover, this PSU had problem before and I did contact Antec. My previous when I used this PSU would shutdown and restart itself for sometimes, but I let it run overnight and nothing happened.

Also, is there a chance that plug in different polarity of the power switch into the board can cause this?

More about : psu short circuit

a c 157 ) Power supply
September 29, 2012 2:51:34 AM

From your discription, it sounds like a defective PSU.
m
l
!