Gamepad help?

Sam777

Honorable
May 23, 2012
ok so I am looking forward to get a gamepad.I have been thinking about logitech f310,f510 and xbox 360 controller.logitech gamepads are cheaper in my area.

f310 is about Rs.1100($22).
f510 is about Rs.1600($32).
360 controller is about Rs.2000($40).

so far I am leaning towards f510 due to the vibration support and since both f310 and f510 has support for xinput so they will work just like the 360 controller.what bothers me is the deadzone in the f310 and f510.I heard that it is quite bad.

I will mostly play third person shooters and hack and slash plus few racing games occasionally with gamepad.I am not going to play fps games as I prefer keyboard-mouse for it.honestly,I have no experience with gamepads and this will be my first attempt to use them.

so what do you think which gamepad will suit me better.should I go for f310 or f510 or is 360 controller really worth the price premium?I don't mind much if I have to go with f310 as I can do fine without vibration. :)

Solution
Well the Xbox 360 controller is probably the best out of the 3.

The thing that spoils the Logitech ones is that deadzone (is on the F310, F510 and F710 aswell), if there wasn't the deadzone then i would of recommended that.

You could always buy the Logitech controller and see if you can notice the deadspot and if it isn't annoying then keep the controller, if it is then return them and get the xbox controller.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
The F510 looks like a xbox and ps3 controller combined...

Well that depends where you like the stick things (can't remember what they are called), to me the xbox controller is more comfortable than a ps3 controller.
The F150 and F130 are both good and so is the xbox controller.

Depends what controller design you like.

Sam777

Honorable
May 23, 2012

as I said I literally have no experience with gamepads so I don't know which stick position will be good.I think the stick position of f510 and f310 will work good for me but stlll 360 controller may be better at that.damn! I am confused.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Isn't there any retailers near you that can let you get a feel of both an PS3 and xbox 360 controller.

You need to now whats best for you in terms of comfort and use.

Xbox controllers have vibration motors in them if you need vibration, the same goes to the F510.

Try them in store first then decide or if your friends have both PS3 and Xbox controllers, ask them if you can try them.

Sam777

Honorable
May 23, 2012
not really.sadly none of my friends use consoles for gaming so that is also out of the question.

but I have tried a cheap local gamepad that has the same stick placement of ps3 and it worked fine for me.is 360 controller really
worth the extra money over f310 and f510? because if i have to go for 360 controller then I need to save up more money. :(

so what do you think? should I go for f310 or f510 or wait till i can grab 360 one? will i miss something better if i go with f310 and f510 over 360 one?

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
The Xbox 360 is made from Microsoft, why would it be cheap, its build quality is very good, no creeky plastics or anything.

Can't say anything about the Logitech ones, they look good enough, not sure about build quality, if the PS3 layout is fine for you then go for the logitech, if you want vibration then go with the F510 if you don't need it then go with the F310.

Sam777

Honorable
May 23, 2012

I am not saying xbox 360 controller is cheap.it is just little expensive for me.I am sure it is a great controller.

so logitech controllers are good but what about the deadzone problem with them? is it really bad? so far i know,360 controller has no such issue.if deadzone problem won't ruin my gaming experience then I will surely go for logitech controller.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Well the Xbox 360 controller is probably the best out of the 3.

The thing that spoils the Logitech ones is that deadzone (is on the F310, F510 and F710 aswell), if there wasn't the deadzone then i would of recommended that.

You could always buy the Logitech controller and see if you can notice the deadspot and if it isn't annoying then keep the controller, if it is then return them and get the xbox controller.

Solution

Sam777

Honorable
May 23, 2012

well,I guess then I will try my luck with the logitech one since xbox one is little expensive for me.just hope that the deadzone issue is not that serious for me plus I think I prefer the stick placement of them.

Thank you so much for all of your time and replies. :)