Killer/Bigfoot K1 Card - messed up

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Ok... background..

Was downloading GW2 patch, and it locked up my computer. I had to restart the computer by powering down and loading back, but when I did, i started getting new errors in my event log. Computer was booting more slowly but that is all i noticed

Event ID: 7000
Source: Service control Manager

Seems to to do with my Killer NIC, but i dont even run anything off it and always worked fine when hooked up

Event ID: 7001
Source: Service Control Manager
Locale ID: 1003

States: The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Provider Host servicewhich failed to start cause of the following error:

I ran the troubleshooting tool on the homegroup and it cleared up the 7001 error, but was still getting the following now

Event ID: 7000
Source Service Control Manager
Killer Port Manager has failed to start...: The system cannot find the path specified

Also now getting

Event ID: 2
Source: Kernel-EventTracing
Session "Homegroup log" failed to start cause of the following error: 0xC0000035
Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

I am guessing Event ID: 2 is due to Event ID:7000.

I cannot uninstall the driver from control panel, so i went into device manager, disabled it and pulled ethernet cord. I then uninstalled it from there which seemed to work. CCCleaner did not find any left over registry entries.

I then went to Bigfoot Network website and looked for latest driver set up for this card and installed it along with the software i do not like that they have. Rebooted computer, and still got the errors

Any ideas what to do next?