Giant

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I' running XP and when I right click the taskbar and go to 'properties' and
then 'start menu' my only option is Classic Start Menu, which appears at the
bottom; it looks like something else should be above that, but not. How do I
get that to appear so I can use the XP Start Menu interface?

Hi

Do you have the same problem if you right click the Start button and select
Properties?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Giant" <Giant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I' running XP and when I right click the taskbar and go to 'properties'
> and
> then 'start menu' my only option is Classic Start Menu, which appears at
> the
> bottom; it looks like something else should be above that, but not. How do
> get that to appear so I can use the XP Start Menu interface?

Giant

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I did. After sending this, I read a post about running gpedit.msc and found
where I can disable the 'force use classic menu'. Now, I wonder where it is
where I can enable the xp view in IE (currently showing the classic view
still)

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do you have the same problem if you right click the Start button and select
> Properties?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Giant" <Giant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I' running XP and when I right click the taskbar and go to 'properties'
> > and
> > then 'start menu' my only option is Classic Start Menu, which appears at
> > the
> > bottom; it looks like something else should be above that, but not. How do
> > get that to appear so I can use the XP Start Menu interface?

Missing XP style Start menu option in the Taskbar properties:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/nosimplestartmenu.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User