Sign in with
Your question

Sound issues

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 29, 2012 6:06:18 PM

Hi Guy's, My name is Jem and I thought I would join this site to get myself some experienced pro's advice and tips on how to, I've had P.C's for a while now and built my first about 18 months ago it consist's of; ASUS M4A88T-V EVO, AMD X4 965 phenom II, 4x2 gb corsair xms3 1333mhz RAM, Saphire HD5550, Creative Xfi Audio Pci-e, Win7 Ult, 64 bit.
I would like to ask a question, the sound card mentioned on my system is absolutely awful to me as I love listening to music and appreciating everything about it but on my limited budget have to make do with this for now, I find that when i crank it up it compresses the sound when say the snare and Bass guitar push the frequencies to the max?! this never happened with my old system; MSI MOBO, AMD 1100, Creative Sound blaster 5.1 8mb, I think? XP 32 bit, ( this System sounded great!)
is there anything I can do to remedy this? i really can't enjoy my music this way, I still have all the other parts of my older P.C because I got so much enjoyment from the sound from Mp3 playback (Flac). your help and advice would be immensely appreciated.

More about : sound issues

May 29, 2012 7:15:42 PM

Have you gone into the Creative x-fi control panel? Make sure you are in Music mode not game or recording. Then you next step would be the EQ setting find the frequencies compressing and pull them down a bit should smooth things out.

Thent
May 30, 2012 1:10:12 PM

thently said:
Have you gone into the Creative x-fi control panel? Make sure you are in Music mode not game or recording. Then you next step would be the EQ setting find the frequencies compressing and pull them down a bit should smooth things out.

Thent

Hi, yes I have been in the control panel but there are only the same controls that i can access in the console launcher (if that was what you meant?) but there seems to be a general problem with the control over all of the sound and the clarity of the sound? I think there are some issues going on with 64bit because compared to my old 32 bit system using a 8 bit sound card it's damn awful! there is no real seperation in the frequencies at all! is this supposed to be an advancement of technology or what?? I'm thinking of putting my old system back together and using it as a audio Mp3 player because it is that good. any other idea's would be appreciated, thanks. :wahoo:  :wahoo: 
!