Sign in with
Your question

GTX 680 - Instantly changing any game from full screen to windowed!?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 29, 2012 9:18:53 AM

Hi,
I recently bought a GTX 680, but recently in the middle of a BF3 game, it went into windowed. When i tried to click on it, it goes full screen for a second and then back again, This happens with any other game! WHY DOES IT!?? Please Help! :(  I have also noticed that when I open GPU-Z during the game, it is running the GPU at 1085Mhz... Dont know if that affects anything.

Thanks
Daniel
a b Î Nvidia
March 29, 2012 9:26:00 AM

Hi there,

Are you running the latest drivers from nVidia's website?

Did you have an ATI card previously?

Anything running in the background when your gaming, Antivirus, Windows updates ETC...?

The core clock in GPU-Z seems fine, its just using its "Turbo-boost" technology to overclock itself to improve performance.
m
l
March 29, 2012 9:29:16 AM

Rustyy117 said:
Hi there,

Are you running the latest drivers from nVidia's website?

Did you have an ATI card previously?

Anything running in the background when your gaming, Antivirus, Windows updates ETC...?

The core clock in GPU-Z seems fine, its just using its "Turbo-boost" technology to overclock itself to improve performance.

Yes Im running 300.10 which is the latest and I had 2xAMD 6950's before, i do have antivirus as well but none of that caused any issues until today :??: 
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
March 29, 2012 9:39:25 AM

Did you make sure to remove ALL AMD/ATI software before installing the nVidia driver?

You may want to try running CCleaner to remove all traces of previous drivers and then re-install 300.10 or you could try an older version, it may be a bug with 300.10.

Just a warning that some people have experienced windows corruption from using registry cleaners, use at your own risk.
m
l
March 29, 2012 9:42:41 AM

Rustyy117 said:
Did you make sure to remove ALL AMD/ATI software before installing the nVidia driver?

You may want to try running CCleaner to remove all traces of previous drivers and then re-install 300.10 or you could try an older version, it may be a bug with 300.10.

Just a warning that some people have experienced windows corruption from using registry cleaners, use at your own risk.

I already tried a Driver Cleaner and I recieved windows corruption from it, had to reinstall windows and installed nVidia drivers cleanly
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 29, 2012 9:56:48 AM

Have you always used 300.10? if so try an older driver, I'd also check CPU and GPU Temps under load.

Any CPU/RAM overclocks at all?
m
l
March 30, 2012 10:40:41 AM

Nvm, fixed it, it was windows updates in the background, installed em and back to normal!
m
l
!