Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB vs. AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 10:02:51 AM

the gtx 560 1gb is substantially faster than the hd 7770 only at $10 more.You'll never need a 2gb version of the 560 if you wish to play diablo 3 @ 1920x1080p resolution.The card will be fine even at 2560x1600 resolution.
Score
0
Related resources
March 29, 2012 10:15:11 AM

Anik8 said:
the gtx 560 1gb is substantially faster than the hd 7770 only at $10 more.You'll never need a 2gb version of the 560 if you wish to play diablo 3 @ 1920x1080p resolution.The card will be fine even at 2560x1600 resolution.

7770 = same speed as GTX 460 1gb = same card as GTX 560 non ti version
Score
0
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 10:25:00 AM

a 560 will run over 60 @ 2560x1600 :lol: 

yes i know that is chinese full review here.
http://vga.zol.com.cn/250/2501423.html
Score
0
a c 126 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 10:27:58 AM

Lolwut?

That's obviously not correct, the GTX560 is not faster than the 560Ti or GTX570.
Score
0
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 10:33:29 AM

MMO Fan said:
WRONG ^^^^^


oh yeah coming from someone that states the 7770 is equal to a gtx460 pplleeezzzzzze.
Score
0
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 10:36:27 AM

Rustyy117 said:
Lolwut?

That's obviously not correct, the GTX560 is not faster than the 560Ti or GTX570.

i know!

i think they reversed the graphs or something. i'm going to china just to find out what they are smoking :) 
Score
0
a c 126 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 10:39:13 AM

Anonymous said:
i know!

i think they reversed the graphs or something. i'm going to china just to find out what they are smoking :) 


Get me some whilst your there please! :lol: 
Score
0
March 29, 2012 10:44:08 AM

so after reading through everything i decided to just go ahead with the 560ti to be safe, here is the config .. been changing it around for a few days now , gonna order it tomorrow think this is the final build.. now it should run diablo 3 on max settings at a constant fps rate of at least 60 , correct?? opinion??? thank you guys!

Case: * Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display [+3] (Black Color)
Laser Engraving: None
Laser Engraving Message:
Internal USB Extension Module: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
Noise Reduction Technology: Power Supply Gasket [+5]
Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2550K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan (CLP0564) [+20]
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX MB w/ Lucid Virtu + Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+23]
Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68: None
Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+3] (Corsair Vengeance)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+191] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
Freebies: None
Video Card 2: None
Video Card 3: None
Power Supply Upgrade: * 650 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+73]
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Data Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
3D Vision Glasses: None
LCD Monitor: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VS247H-P LCD [+157]
2nd Monitor: None
3rd Monitor: None
Speakers: None
Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
Mouse Pad: None
Gaming Gear: None
Extra Thermal Display: None
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: PCI Wireless 802.11n 150Mbps Network Interface Card [+19]
External Wireless Network Card: None
Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
Bluetooth: None
Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
Video Camera: None
Headset: Connectland™ Stereo Headphone with Microphone [+8]
Printer: None
Cable: None
Power Protection: None
IEEE1394 Card: None
Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USB Port: None
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)

came out to $1400 , and thats with the asus 24'' led monitor.
Score
0
a c 126 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 10:49:36 AM

Looks like a great system and will handle Diablo 3 with ease.
Score
0
March 29, 2012 10:59:08 AM

Anonymous said:
oh yeah coming from someone that states the 7770 is equal to a gtx460 pplleeezzzzzze.

Looks pretty close to me




Score
0
a c 126 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:02:41 AM

FYI you could have just posted a link to the review, rather than taking screenshots, it makes it look like you may have cherry-picked benchmarks to suit your argument.
Score
0
March 29, 2012 11:07:59 AM

Rustyy117 said:
FYI you could have just posted a link to the review, rather than taking screenshots, it makes it look like you may have cherry-picked benchmarks to suit your argument.

I did I showed some of the many games that play close enough to the same on GTX 460 and HD 7770 highlighting the fact that they are pretty well equivalent in most game that are not Nvidia sponsored TWIMTBP games in which case the GTX 460 will take a lead but the 7770 still OC well further closing the gap.
Score
0
a c 126 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:12:23 AM

Well the OP seems to have gone for a GTX560Ti which from the results you have posted beats the HD7770 considerably, so should offer the best performance in Diablo 3
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:14:31 AM

^ i know and my reply was to MMO fan
Score
0
a c 126 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:16:56 AM

Anik8 said:
^ i know and my reply was to MMO fan


I know bro, so was mine

:) 
Score
0
March 29, 2012 11:19:50 AM

Anik8 said:
Furthermore @MMO fan, a gtx 560 scales lot better than a gtx 460.
this will give you better knowhow :-
http://www.geforce3d.net/Reviews/Hardware/EVGA/460vs.56...

The higher stock clocks on the 560 would allow for that yes but never the less the GF114/GTX560 is functionally identical to GF104/GTX460 think of the GTX 560 as a cherry picked ultra high binned GTX 460 1GB albeit the high end GTX 460s such as the Msi HAWK GTX 460 and the Gigabyte GTX 460 SOC are just as capable as the re branded GTX 560 card is.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:25:43 AM

lol the stock clocks were the same 810Mhz like in any reference gtx 560 read carefully before arguing.
Score
0
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:30:47 AM
March 29, 2012 11:39:54 AM

Anonymous said:
you can always right click "copy image location" on the web page instead of taking a screen shot and uploading it to photobucket
and the img tags are better
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/47/noobj.jpg

thanx
Score
0
March 29, 2012 11:41:18 AM

Anik8 said:
lol the stock clocks were the same 810Mhz like in any reference gtx 560 read carefully before arguing.

REFERENCE CLOCKS for GTX 560 = 810mhz and REFERENCE CLOCKS for GTX 460 = 675mhz
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:44:05 AM

so???when someone buys a gtx 560 he/she will enjoy that 810mhz not hte 675mhz
hence your argument gtx 560=gtx 460 in performance is invalid.Take a break man...
Score
0
March 29, 2012 11:45:29 AM

Anik8 said:
so???when someone buys a gtx 560 he/she will enjoy that 810mhz not hte 675mhz
hence your argument gtx 560=gtx 460 in performance is invalid.Take a break man...

thanx
Score
0
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:49:13 AM

MMO Fan said:
You kids just hate it when you are proven wrong don't ya ;-)

ahem, just look at the screen shot YOU posted
:lol: 
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:49:30 AM

@MMO fan
lol who's saying ... :lol: 
you need only a look into a mirror.
neways the OP has resolved his issue himself so there's no point in continuing here.
Score
0
March 29, 2012 11:51:33 AM

Anik8 said:
@MMO fan
lol who's saying ... :lol: 
you need only a look into a mirror.
neways the OP has resolved his issue himself so there's no point in continuing here.

thanx
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 11:59:29 AM

^ noob hijacking thread :non: 
Score
0
March 29, 2012 12:06:52 PM

thanx guys ;-)
Score
0
March 29, 2012 12:14:01 PM

Anonymous said:
ahem, just look at the screen shot YOU posted
:lol: 

which one ?
Score
0
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 12:24:08 PM

MMO Fan said:
which one ?

any of them, because they all show the 560 out performing the 460.
by a very substantial margin in two of them.
Score
0
March 29, 2012 12:29:42 PM

Anonymous said:
any of them, because they all show the 560 out performing the 460.
by a very substantial margin in two of them.

Point I put that up is to prove that GTX 460 and 7770 are competitive against eachother cause you claimed ans I quote you "oh yeah coming from someone that states the 7770 is equal to a gtx460 pplleeezzzzzze." Then I went as far as to proving you claims as false by way of TH bench mark graphs. Then you will say it's irrelevant cause it's off topic LOL ok but it's still true GTX 460 and 7770 are around the same performance plus drivers will make 7770 even better down the road.
Score
0
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 12:49:15 PM

MMO Fan said:
Point I put that up is to prove that GTX 460 and 7770 are competitive against eachother cause you claimed ans I quote you "oh yeah coming from someone that states the 7770 is equal to a gtx460 pplleeezzzzzze." Then I went as far as to proving you claims as false by way of TH bench mark graphs. Then you will say it's irrelevant cause it's off topic LOL ok but it's still true GTX 460 and 7770 are around the same performance plus drivers will make 7770 even better down the road.


it is innuendo about the drivers down the road. as Anik8 had stated before it is bad form to post images of benchmarks without a link to the article. there two reasons for that:

it helps lend validity to your point when everyone can see under what conditions the benches were recorded.

and it avoids the appearance that the benches were cherry picked to prove a point. seriously i have seen a few folks post benches that were under abnormal conditions to reinforce their fanboyism.

and really the 460 is about at it's EOL anyway so the point is sorta moot. really i was just yanking your chain. :) 

but if it makes you feel any better i'll say " the 7770 performs very close to the gtx 460 and it should be considered along with it"

ok? :lol: 

edited for typos
Score
0
March 29, 2012 12:58:22 PM

Anonymous said:
it is innuendo about the drivers down the road. as Anik8 had stated before it is bad form to post images of benchmarks without a link to the article. there two reasons for that:

it helps lend validity to your point when everyone can see under what conditions the benches were recorded.

and it avoids the appearance that the benches were cherry picked to prove a point. seriously i have seen a few folks post benches that were under abnormal conditions to reinforce their fanboyism.

and really the 460 is about at it's EOL anyway so the point is sorta moot. really i was just yanking your chain. :) 

but if it makes you feel any better i'll say " the 7770 performs very close to the gtx 460 and it should be considered along with it"

ok? :lol: 

edited for typos

No need to your smart enuff* to understand anyway thanx for taking a shot at my grammar but I proved you wrong no link required for that my friend.
Score
0
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 1:10:53 PM

MMO Fan said:
No need to your smart enuff* to understand anyway thanx for taking a shot at my grammar but I proved you wrong no link required for that my friend.



its not about proving someone right or wrong here. its about exchanging ideas and information so people can make informed choices. but if you want to keep spewing ignorant crap, than don't cry about some petty grammar issue.

yes a link is called for; if no link then its just opinion and you know what those are like, everyone has one and they all stink.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 1:24:36 PM

This topic has been closed by Saint19
Score
0
!