Playstation games on Xbox?

Last response: in Video Games
September 2, 2005 9:35:17 PM

Is it possible (and how) to play Playstation games on my Xbox? I want to
have (for example) tombraider rayman etc witch i played on my ps1 so i
have the games

More about : playstation games xbox

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 9:35:18 PM

Jeroen Balk wrote:
> Is it possible (and how) to play Playstation games on my Xbox? I want
> to have (for example) tombraider rayman etc witch i played on my ps1 so
> i have the games

There is an xbox version of this emulator:

http://www.pcsx.net

....but I can't say how well, or even if, it works.
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 9:35:18 PM

"Jeroen Balk" <balkje@xs4all.nl> wrote in
news:o pswhew3qkisbcyb@y9a2q7.lan:

> Is it possible (and how) to play Playstation games on my Xbox?
> I want to have (for example) tombraider rayman etc witch i
> played on my ps1 so i have the games

It would probably be simpler just to get a PSOne. They're not
expensive.
September 2, 2005 9:35:18 PM

Jeroen Balk wrote:
> Is it possible (and how) to play Playstation games on my Xbox? I want
> to have (for example) tombraider rayman etc witch i played on my ps1 so
> i have the games

Dumbass.

Buy a PS2.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 2:57:52 AM

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:07:17 -0400, KillzoneBigNuts2 <bignuts@msn.com>
wrote in message <2c5d8$4318befd$4213923f$30775@DIALUPUSA.NET>:

>Jeroen Balk wrote:
>> Is it possible (and how) to play Playstation games on my Xbox? I want
>> to have (for example) tombraider rayman etc witch i played on my ps1 so
>> i have the games
>
>Dumbass.
>
>Buy a PS2.

Or mod your Xbox, which will make it much more versatile than a PS2.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 4:05:08 AM

Paul Angstrom wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:07:17 -0400, KillzoneBigNuts2 <bignuts@msn.com>
> wrote in message <2c5d8$4318befd$4213923f$30775@DIALUPUSA.NET>:
>

>>Jeroen Balk wrote:
>>
>>>Is it possible (and how) to play Playstation games on my Xbox? I want
>>>to have (for example) tombraider rayman etc witch i played on my ps1 so
>>>i have the games
>>
>>Dumbass.
>>
>>Buy a PS2.
>

> Or mod your Xbox, which will make it much more versatile than a PS2.

Um, a modded Xbox can't play PS2 games.
And from what I understand it can't play PS1 games either.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 4:05:09 AM

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:05:08 -0400, KillzoneBigNuts2 <bignuts@msn.com>
wrote in message <b0490$431a7276$42139236$10405@DIALUPUSA.NET>:

>Paul Angstrom wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:07:17 -0400, KillzoneBigNuts2 <bignuts@msn.com>
>> wrote in message <2c5d8$4318befd$4213923f$30775@DIALUPUSA.NET>:

>>>Dumbass. Buy a PS2.
>>
>> Or mod your Xbox, which will make it much more versatile than a PS2.
>
>Um, a modded Xbox can't play PS2 games.

A PS2 can't play Xbox games either, and he wasn't even asking about PS2
games.

>And from what I understand it can't play PS1 games either.

However, a modded Xbox can play PS1 games. Your understanding is wrong.
See http://www.xbox-scene.com/software/software.php?page=em...

Scroll down that huge list of emulated systems available for the Xbox,
and take a look at PCSXbox. Certain aspects of PS1 gaming are actually
better on a modded Xbox than on a PS2. Specifically, the PS1 emulator
allows save states and includes a built-in memory cheat engine. Controls
can also be fully customizable for those games that don't normally
include that option.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:16:10 PM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:17:44 -0700, Paul Angstrom
<angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:05:08 -0400, KillzoneBigNuts2 <bignuts@msn.com>
> wrote in message <b0490$431a7276$42139236$10405@DIALUPUSA.NET>:
>
>> Paul Angstrom wrote:

>>> Or mod your Xbox, which will make it much more versatile than a PS2.
>>
>> Um, a modded Xbox can't play PS2 games.
>
> A PS2 can't play Xbox games either, and he wasn't even asking about PS2
> games.
>

>> And from what I understand it can't play PS1 games either.
>
> However, a modded Xbox can play PS1 games. Your understanding is wrong.
> See http://www.xbox-scene.com/software/software.php?page=em...
>
> Scroll down that huge list of emulated systems available for the Xbox,
> and take a look at PCSXbox. Certain aspects of PS1 gaming are actually
> better on a modded Xbox than on a PS2. Specifically, the PS1 emulator
> allows save states and includes a built-in memory cheat engine. Controls
> can also be fully customizable for those games that don't normally
> include that option.

Thanks that is what i`m looking for. I have a modded xbox so i`m conna try
this emulator
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:09:34 PM

Jeroen Balk wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:17:44 -0700, Paul Angstrom
> <angstrom@go.away.spammers.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:05:08 -0400, KillzoneBigNuts2 <bignuts@msn.com>
>> wrote in message <b0490$431a7276$42139236$10405@DIALUPUSA.NET>:

>>> Um, a modded Xbox can't play PS2 games.
>>

>> A PS2 can't play Xbox games either, and he wasn't even asking about PS2
>> games.
>>

>>> And from what I understand it can't play PS1 games either.
>>

>> However, a modded Xbox can play PS1 games. Your understanding is wrong.
>> See http://www.xbox-scene.com/software/software.php?page=em...
>>
>> Scroll down that huge list of emulated systems available for the Xbox,
>> and take a look at PCSXbox. Certain aspects of PS1 gaming are actually
>> better on a modded Xbox than on a PS2. Specifically, the PS1 emulator
>> allows save states and includes a built-in memory cheat engine. Controls
>> can also be fully customizable for those games that don't normally
>> include that option.
>

> Thanks that is what i`m looking for. I have a modded xbox so i`m conna
> try this emulator

As you can see many games don't work.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=266878

With a Fat PS2, a SlideTool&SwapMagic set, and DVD Loader disk you can
play all 13,000 PS1/PS2 games. Download HD Loader Free and you can put
all your PS2 games on the PS2 HDD.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 6:33:28 AM

KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:

> There is no software mod that allows you to play
> backups or anything else that I know of.

Then you're not familiar with Krayzie's softmod installer. I've
forgotten the underlying scheme that it uses at this point, but if
you're *sincerely* interested I can find that out.

> And the mod is not easy to do, it's down right
> impossible and ignorant.

See above.

> You can forget using Live as well.

It's true that you cannot use Live with the soft mod in place.
Uninstalling, however, is not difficult nor time consuming.

> And you know it is a hit or miss as to whether or
> not your Xbox will even work after the mod.

I've done dozens with no difficult at all. That is not to say that
there could never be any problems, but I'm willing to rate that as a
small percentage at this point.

> With a PS2 you pay $150 + $20 for the software and
> you can play 99% of all PS1 games with enhanced graphics
> plus all the PS2 games. Not to mention the emulators.
>
> Just in PS2/PS1 games alone that is 13,000 games plus
> a free progressive scan DVD player

I do agree with you, that PS1 emulation is better served by buying a
PSTwo. They are an inexpensive solution that comes with lots of benefits.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 5:55:10 PM

Grinder wrote:
> KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:
>
>> There is no software mod that allows you to play
>
> > backups or anything else that I know of.
>
> Then you're not familiar with Krayzie's softmod installer. I've
> forgotten the underlying scheme that it uses at this point, but if
> you're *sincerely* interested I can find that out.

Is this different than the old "pointless" mod where you use the audio
glitch? I've heard of it but you can't play backups or software.

If there seriously is a way to softmod the Xbox, and it doesn't require
an already modded Xbox, then I'd be very interested. but only if it
allows for imports.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 10:04:30 PM

KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:
> Grinder wrote:
>
>> KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:
>>
>>> There is no software mod that allows you to play
>>

>> > backups or anything else that I know of.
>>
>> Then you're not familiar with Krayzie's softmod installer. I've
>> forgotten the underlying scheme that it uses at this point, but if
>> you're *sincerely* interested I can find that out.
>

> Is this different than the old "pointless" mod where you use the audio
> glitch? I've heard of it but you can't play backups or software.

Yes.

> If there seriously is a way to softmod the Xbox, and it doesn't require
> an already modded Xbox, then I'd be very interested. but only if it
> allows for imports.

Searcht the usual places for Krayzie's soft mod installer. There are
others that use basically the same scheme (UCE, maybe,) but I can vouch
for the reliability and useability of that particular kit.

One thing that you will need is a copy of Splinter Cell (or perhaps one
of a few other games) so that you can initiate the installer through a
save game exploit.

If you want to swap to a larger hard drive, having a hard-modded xbox at
your disposal will be the easiest way to go. Since, however, it sounds
like you're interested in running "backups" -- that probably won't be an
issue.
!