Sign in with
Your question

Power LED on mobo blinking, won't boot

Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2012 1:03:18 AM

I just recently built a new system. I installed windows 7 ultimate, and it worked fine yesterday(apart from GPU not being read), but I just tried to boot it up today, but it won't boot. No fans or anything. All their is is the power LED on the Mobo flashing.

Specs:
i5 3570k
gigabyte ud3h mobo
ocz modxstream pro 700w psu
Radeon 6950(couldn't be read by system)
8GB corsair vengeance RAM
corsair 400r case

Replies are appreciated. Thanks!
May 30, 2012 2:00:38 AM

I have had this happen on a regular basis with a couple machines I recently built. Removing the video card, connecting to the onboard video and resetting the BIOS usually will get the system to boot again. If this does not resolve the issue, try removing all the memory except slot 0. Not all 1866 memory works in all boards, you might have to down-clock to 1600.

Make sure you have a PC speaker connected also, as there should be beeps indicating where the system is failing to post. Your motherboard manual should also have an error code section that will tell you specifically what the sequence of blinking lights / beeps mean.
May 31, 2012 12:08:34 AM

dalethepcman said:
I have had this happen on a regular basis with a couple machines I recently built. Removing the video card, connecting to the onboard video and resetting the BIOS usually will get the system to boot again. If this does not resolve the issue, try removing all the memory except slot 0. Not all 1866 memory works in all boards, you might have to down-clock to 1600.

Make sure you have a PC speaker connected also, as there should be beeps indicating where the system is failing to post. Your motherboard manual should also have an error code section that will tell you specifically what the sequence of blinking lights / beeps mean.

okay, i'll try that, what does removing all memory except to slot 0 mean? sorry i'm new to building pc's -__- and my RAM factory clock is 1600.
!