Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming Rig 2000$ limit buying soon!

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
May 30, 2012 2:16:02 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Once my check clears. (2-3 business days)

Budget Range: 2000$ before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Game Design, Game Playing

Parts Not Required: Mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: New Egg or any other reliable site.

Country: United States

Parts Preferences: Any brand that delivers a reliable long lasting product.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Eventually

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I would like the computer to last 6+ years if possible and be semi-futureproof

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/97TS

GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CPU Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SSD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hard Drive and Disk drive combo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Keyboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Case and RAM Combo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

MOBO and CPU Combo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

More about : gaming rig 2000 limit buying

May 30, 2012 2:17:10 AM

Could you put them in a PCpartspicker format so I can see them without clicking through many links? Thanks.
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 2:20:03 AM

azeem40 said:
Could you put them in a PCpartspicker format so I can see them without clicking through many links? Thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/97TS
also added to main post
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 2:27:59 AM

chickenleg said:
Why would the amount of memory affect the longevity of the video card?

Well you said you want it to be semi future proof and personally I believe in the next few years you will start seeing more games take advantage of more than 2gb VRAM.
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 2:33:33 AM

Houseboratheon said:
Well you said you want it to be semi future proof and personally I believe in the next few years you will start seeing more games take advantage of more than 2gb VRAM.


Understandable too bad it puts me out of my price range.
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 2:42:25 AM

chickenleg said:
Understandable too bad it puts me out of my price range.

The only thing I can think that you don't need is a 850w power supply even if you were to sli 670s, 750w is enough and if you were to get a 680ftw a 600 or 650 would be enough.
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 2:47:13 AM

How much are you OCing?
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 2:49:10 AM

Houseboratheon said:
The only thing I can think that you don't need is a 850w power supply even if you were to sli 670s, 750w is enough and if you were to get a 680ftw a 600 or 650 would be enough.

How does the build look other than the too powerful PSU and the not too future proof GPU?


azeem40 said:
How much are you OCing?


As far as I can go while remaining cool. Not too sure on how high I can go because of the heat problems related to the new ivy bridge processors.
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 2:52:01 AM

No reason to go as high as possible. 4.2 GHz is the same as 4.5 GHz SB.
m
0
l

Best solution

May 30, 2012 2:55:34 AM

chickenleg said:
How does the build look other than the too powerful PSU and the not too future proof GPU?

The build looks really good, I like that you chose 16gb ram because programs like udk which I assume you'll be using in game design, really take advantage of the extra ram.
Share
May 30, 2012 3:05:19 AM

Houseboratheon said:
The build looks really good, I like that you chose 16gb ram because programs like udk which I assume you'll be using in game design, really take advantage of the extra ram.


Thanks for your assistance!
m
0
l
May 30, 2012 3:05:55 AM

Best answer selected by chickenleg.
m
0
l
!