Your question

Pavilion dv7-2277cl Problems

Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Pavilion
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2012 2:39:51 AM

Hello. I was hoping you guys could help me with a couple of problems I am having with my parents notebook.

1) The thing goes very slow. It loads everything slow, it lags when I am typing, and just sucks. This is less than a 3 year old laptop. I have yet to figure out where to start looking for a solution. First we found out the HDD failed, so we bought a SSD, and it is even slower now. Can it be the CPU fan not spinning or something else failing?

2) It gets very very hot. I have been on for 5 minutes and already it is making a loud noise. This I think it contributing to the slowness of it as I defragment and use CCleaner almost everyday.

No mater how many re installations of the OS I did, it was still the same.

More about : pavilion dv7 2277cl problems

May 30, 2012 3:16:15 AM

Firelance said:
Hello. I was hoping you guys could help me with a couple of problems I am having with my parents notebook.

1) The thing goes very slow. It loads everything slow, it lags when I am typing, and just sucks. This is less than a 3 year old laptop. I have yet to figure out where to start looking for a solution. First we found out the HDD failed, so we bought a SSD, and it is even slower now. Can it be the CPU fan not spinning or something else failing?

2) It gets very very hot. I have been on for 5 minutes and already it is making a loud noise. This I think it contributing to the slowness of it as I defragment and use CCleaner almost everyday.

No mater how many re installations of the OS I did, it was still the same.

first off you dont defrag an ssd you make it slower then it ws.if your using xp there a tool to aline the ssd for xp. you have to check the amount of ram in the laptop.if it less then 4 gig adding more ram will help. dust can clog the cpu fans. if your dad got a compressor use it to blow the dust out. if the unit out of warranty look to see if the fans are running if not you have to replace them.
!