Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Wireless
  • CPUs
  • Keyboards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 29, 2012 10:28:51 PM

Hello, i just bought me a new wireless keyboard for real cheap since me main gaming keyboard broke. I was playing Kingdoms of amalur reckoning(KOA:R) and since i got the wireless keyboard the game seems to lag a bit. dropping from 60 fps to 45fps when using the quake spell. Can this be of the wireless keyboard or is it my graphics card or CPU.

My System

CPU: AMD Athlon x4 635 @ 2.9ghz.
RAM: 4 GIGS DDR3
GPU: GTX 460 1g msi Cyclone latest 295.73 drivers

Resolution 1920x1080
KOA:R MAX settings with v-sync on.

More about : graphics card cpu

a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2012 10:59:27 PM

torres said:
Hello, i just bought me a new wireless keyboard for real cheap since me main gaming keyboard broke. I was playing Kingdoms of amalur reckoning(KOA:R) and since i got the wireless keyboard the game seems to lag a bit. dropping from 60 fps to 45fps when using the quake spell. Can this be of the wireless keyboard or is it my graphics card or CPU.

My System

CPU: AMD Athlon x4 635 @ 2.9ghz.
RAM: 4 GIGS DDR3
GPU: GTX 460 1g msi Cyclone latest 295.73 drivers

Resolution 1920x1080
KOA:R MAX settings with v-sync on.

The wireless keyboard would not affect your game performance, it may introduce slight input lag (I use a wireless mouse and keyboard and have not experienced any issues)

Good chance your CPU is holding you back depending on the settings you are playing at. If you are comfortable OC'ing then you could go that route.
Also if you recently updated your video card drivers around the time you experienced the issues it may be due to that.
If you have AA on turn it off that should help quite a bit.
March 29, 2012 11:05:47 PM

If you upgrade your cpu will be holding you back quite a bit. so upgrade your cpu
Related resources
a c 302 U Graphics card
a c 379 à CPUs
March 29, 2012 11:23:41 PM

I do not know why a wireless keyboard should have any effect on fps.

Can you try a wired keyboard to see if you still have a problem?
March 29, 2012 11:40:03 PM

Only lag from the keyboard would be the wireless signal. In game lag with spells etc isn't the keyboard.

I would overclock and get a new gpu if you know how to oc.

If not the only real thing to do is upgrade both somewhat. Cpu might need it more tho if i had to pick.
March 30, 2012 8:38:54 AM

I also have a wireless mouse that i not using. Do you game with your wireless combo and is it good.
a b U Graphics card
March 30, 2012 9:46:18 AM

torres said:
I also have a wireless mouse that i not using. Do you game with your wireless combo and is it good.

I have no lag issues with my logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.
I play tribes ascend daily and rank pretty high in matches so i don't see it holding me back and it definitely doesn't cause me any perceiveable lag.
March 30, 2012 2:26:10 PM

Great i also have a logitech wireless mouse. So maybe i will give it a try
!