How to change Startup and Shutdown screens???

Big HI to Anando and Andrew,
Thanks for the replies.

Firstly Anando, I've been unable to convert the image I intended to
use to the exact resolutions of 640x480 in 16colour, which is required
to follow your suggestion. I'll be asking someone well versed in
Photoshop to do something for me.

And Andrew the program that you suggested seems to be causing some
problems at bootup. First the Intel logo comes up, then the Bootscreen
image I had selected and then back to the Intel logo and the system
refuses to boot normal, but boots to Safe-mode. I finally uninstalled
the program in Safe-mode and the system is back to normal. I tried
reinstalling it and the same problem. If there is a work around do let
me know.

Thanks,
Arvind.Kumar.
3 answers Last reply
More about change startup shutdown screens

    I hope it works out for you Arvind. It would be better if you reply to the
    same thread so i can keep track of your posts.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "arvind" <arvindmumbai@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
    > Big HI to Anando and Andrew,
    > Thanks for the replies.
    >
    > Firstly Anando, I've been unable to convert the image I intended to
    > use to the exact resolutions of 640x480 in 16colour, which is required
    > to follow your suggestion. I'll be asking someone well versed in
    > Photoshop to do something for me.
    >
    > And Andrew the program that you suggested seems to be causing some
    > problems at bootup. First the Intel logo comes up, then the Bootscreen
    > image I had selected and then back to the Intel logo and the system
    > refuses to boot normal, but boots to Safe-mode. I finally uninstalled
    > the program in Safe-mode and the system is back to normal. I tried
    > reinstalling it and the same problem. If there is a work around do let
    > me know.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Arvind.Kumar.

    Don't mess with either if you feel the need to post to a newsgroup.
    Especially a MS group.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >I hope it works out for you Arvind. It would be better if you reply to the
    >same thread so i can keep track of your posts.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "arvind" <arvindmumbai@indiatimes.com> wrote in message
    >> Big HI to Anando and Andrew,
    >> Thanks for the replies.
    >>
    >> Firstly Anando, I've been unable to convert the image I intended to
    >> use to the exact resolutions of 640x480 in 16colour, which is required
    >> to follow your suggestion. I'll be asking someone well versed in
    >> Photoshop to do something for me.
    >>
    >> And Andrew the program that you suggested seems to be causing some
    >> problems at bootup. First the Intel logo comes up, then the Bootscreen
    >> image I had selected and then back to the Intel logo and the system
    >> refuses to boot normal, but boots to Safe-mode. I finally uninstalled
    >> the program in Safe-mode and the system is back to normal. I tried
    >> reinstalling it and the same problem. If there is a work around do let
    >> me know.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Arvind.Kumar.

    Anando [MS-MVP] rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > I hope it works out for you Arvind. It would be better if you reply to the
    > same thread so i can keep track of your posts.

    http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

Configuration Windows XP