asifbinzia

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Hello,
my pc config is intel 2.4GHz quadcore, intel DG35 motherboard which supports maximum 800BUS, 4GB DDR2 ram, 400 watt power supply. i initially decided to buy 6670 but now i'm confused if buyin 6770 for some extra buck is better? will 6670 give me any advantage over 6670 with my current pc configuration? gigabyte or sapphire, which one is better(i hav some heatin issues)?

it is tough to suggest a gfx card without knowing your full specs including psu model/wattage/amps etc.
if you can afford a radeon hd 7750, it'd be a good addition. currently it is the most powerful gfx card that does not require an extra pcie power conntector. sapphire makes good 7750, h.i.s. isn't bad either.

asifbinzia

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012

its a normal 400 watt power supply of which u guys might not even heard of! :p
but pretty good for casual use anyway... i dont hav plan to upgrade to a 600 watt one until i change whole system after 1 or 2years.
concern is i dont think i'll get any advantage of DDR5 memory due to my DDR2 supported mainboard....and HIS not available in my country...

a good psu ensures a system's reliable and long term operation. if you don't have one right now, get a good psu. psus like corsair builder series cx 430 v2 or antec earthwatts 380w or a little higher ones like corsair builder cx 500 v2 are good.
system memory has nothing to do with graphics memory i.e. vram. and the gfx cards use gddr5, not ddr5. gfx card's ram will not affect system ram and vice versa.
if his is not available, sapphire, xfx, msi, asus, gigabyte make good cards too. sapphire and xfx are amd-only vendors. asus, msi, gigabyte make both amd and nvidia cards.

asifbinzia

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012

thanks for ur advice. but i'm still kinda confused... my uncle is a computer engineer and he advised me to buy GDDR3 one.he said all information passes through the mainboard and as my mainboard supports only 800MHz bus, i wont get the advantage of the fast, around 4000MHz GDDR5 memory of the graphics card.thats wat i've known till now....

Wajahatx2

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Is there any motherboard which supports 4000Mhz memory bus? Is there any memory which runs @4000Mhz? Then on which motherboard you are going to run the GFX with GDDR5 @4000Mhz?? Don't take me wrong but I can't understand what your uncle said :/