Sign in with
Your question

USB ports stopped working

Last response: in Components
September 23, 2012 3:25:19 PM

Last night my laptop shut down on me after failing to plug it in before the battery ran out. I had a wireless mouse plugged into one of the USB ports. After rebooting neither USB ports are working. Devices like my wireless mouse or normal usb cable mouse receive power (lasers turn on), however my laptop won't recognize and activate them.

This is a rented laptop as part of the program I am taking in college so I plan to stay away from entering BIOS or anything I am not authorized to do.

Thanks
a c 249 D Laptop
September 23, 2012 3:32:28 PM

FixMyComp said:
Last night my laptop shut down on me after failing to plug it in before the battery ran out. I had a wireless mouse plugged into one of the USB ports. After rebooting neither USB ports are working. Devices like my wireless mouse or normal usb cable mouse receive power (lasers turn on), however my laptop won't recognize and activate them.

This is a rented laptop as part of the program I am taking in college so I plan to stay away from entering BIOS or anything I am not authorized to do.

Thanks

Hi :) 

If its rented...let THEM fix it....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
September 23, 2012 3:33:27 PM

Take it to the IT department at college and have them either fix it, or replace the laptop.
m
l
!