Sign in with
Your question

$800-1000 Budget Gaming Rig. AUSTRALIA

Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2012 11:45:56 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 Month

Budget Range: $1000 MAX, Prefer $800ish unless there's a massive diffrence in performance/future proof before rebates.
Only really want a 500gb hdd, could go with 1tb but no not really needed, would like to include a SSD in the build, size not important.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Leauge of Legends, WoW, Youtube, Basic Video editing with Vegas, Streaming movies

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No idea.. Preferably something from australia?

Parts Preferences: No preference, Simply want the best, reliable build for my $

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: I honestly have no idea what this is.

Additional Comments: I Honestly know next to nothing when it comes to computers, i just enjoy using them, when it comes to Hardware im basically useless apart from putting it together, i want the computer to be as future proof as it can be without compromising reliability or busting my budget
May 30, 2012 12:05:51 PM

In one month prices will change best asking this a few days to a week max before your going to buy mate
m
l
May 30, 2012 12:11:09 PM

Unfortunatly, ill be buying it peice by peice, because im one of those people that, If i have money in my pocket ill spend it, so im just going to get a build list and buy a few peices here and there till i have it all :3
m
l
Related resources
May 30, 2012 1:29:58 PM

As for finding price parts, this has been really useful. Though its not perfect and may miss a website. Just take my suggested part and paste it into the search bar with your state, it'l figure out the cheapest place to get it.
http://www.staticice.com.au/index.html

HDD: 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 64Mb. ~$95
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 60Gb. ~$80-100 (prices on this vary quite wildly)
CPU: i5 3570k. ~$250
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4. ~$150
Case: HAF 912. ~$100
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb: ~$65
PSU: Silverstone Strider 600W. ~$100
GPU: Radeon 6870. ~$160
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO. $39

With all my guesstimate quotes, this will cost you $1059. Probably can reduce the price by using the search engine I linked to.

This is a decent gaming rig, will power what you have listed up there no problem.
You may have to factor in a 64bit windows, which an OEM of Home Premium go's for about $95.
m
l
May 30, 2012 1:35:50 PM

For LoL, your really not gonna need much graphics power. You could get high settings on your ivy bridge integrated graphics. Not sure about WoW.
I agree with the list above this post, thats a nice collection of stuff. Maybe instead of the vertex 3 you could get the agility 3, almost the same speed and cheaper. Also maybe look at radeon 7000 series and geforce 600 series instead of the 6870.
m
l
!