Closed Solved

Right Graphics Card for ME?

Hi guys

I don't know what GPU do get!

Maybe a HD 6770 , 6790 , 6850 , or 6870! Or a GTX 460?

I want to play games maxed out but at resolutions like !

I want to play games at that res because my monitor wont accept anything above it and I dont really need the 19xx x resolutions!

Please help! I dont need the 6870 coz , again, I dont want play at res above 1366 x 768!

Please don't answer stupidly and tell me to get the 6870! I am on a budget and I want the best to play at maxed settings!

Thanks!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about right graphics card
  1. it would help if you said what games.
    a 6770 would be enough for dialbo3 but a 6850 is more appropriate for BF3.
  2. Anonymous said:
    it would help if you said what games.
    a 6770 would be enough for dialbo3 but a 6850 is more appropriate for BF3.


    Yeah games like Crysis or Battlefield!
  3. Best answer
    well there you go.
    here is the closest bench but it is at a higher resolution than you specified. i would believe you would get better frame rates. Benchmark Results: AMD Graphics Cards, High Quality
  4. Anonymous said:
    well there you go.
    here is the closest bench but it is at a higher resolution than you specified. i would believe you would get better frame rates. Benchmark Results: AMD Graphics Cards, High Quality
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/Y/M/313582/original/amd%20high%201680.png


    Hmmm....... Is 33 FPS good?
  5. no, i barely deal with 45 fps. monitors refresh at 60Hz going half that, 30 fps, will make things look choppy.
    using 1366 x 768 instead of 1680x1050 on a 6850, i would expect the frame rate to increase to close to 60.
  6. Anonymous said:
    no, i barely deal with 45 fps. monitors refresh at 60Hz going half that, 30 fps, will make things look choppy.
    using 1366 x 768 instead of 1680x1050 on a 6850, i would expect the frame rate to increase to close to 60.

    So would a 6790 do? I wanna get at least 40 FPS max at 1366 x 768!
  7. Anonymous said:
    no, i barely deal with 45 fps. monitors refresh at 60Hz going half that, 30 fps, will make things look choppy.
    using 1366 x 768 instead of 1680x1050 on a 6850, i would expect the frame rate to increase to close to 60.


    So how would a 6770 do with a A8 3850 APU?
  8. What is your budget.
  9. gary1 said:
    What is your budget.


    I am South African but I can work it out!
    It is about $100!
    But I think I'll go with the A8-3850 with HD 6670!
  10. sr3genki said:
    So how would a 6770 do with a A8 3850 APU?

    horrible.
  11. Best answer selected by sr3genki.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics