Sign in with
Your question

P8Z68 V-Pro ggen 1 Graphics cutting out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 30, 2012 9:36:53 AM

Hi all.

Asus P8Z68-V PRO Z68 Socket 1155 with the Lucid Logic functionality
on i7-2600K Unlocked Core i7 Quad-Core Processor 3.40GHz chip,
with an Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card.

Using just the GPU shows no problems with the card removed from the board.
Once the card is in the board I experience screen blackouts for approx. half second, but sometimes longer, for no apparent reason. The PC does not crash, there are no dumps, no indications of overheating or any issues at all with the card, the GPU, the board or the system (that I can see in any logs or system indicators).
It looks like there is a pause between switching between GPU graphics and card graphics but there is no inidication that that is happening, (lucid logic does not report that as happening).
It also occurred to me it looked like the system was calling on the graphics card and it had to be wakened so there was a slight delay before it woke, but again, there's no indication in my system that that is what is happening.
So... I go back to JUST the GPU and all is well.
I try G-card and GPU and have this issue.
I turned of C1E and still have this issue.
I turned of GPU so system was just using g-card and still this problem.
I have tried every variation of shared graphics solutions, G-card only solutions, all sleep modes turned off, all power saving turned off etc, and still this problem.

I am NOT overclocking anything yet.
I thought it might be the power - Coolermaster GX 650W PSU, but 650 is enough as far as I know.

Any ideas?
Anyone?

Cheers.
Pete.
a b U Graphics card
March 30, 2012 12:06:27 PM

sounds like a power issue, what size power supply do you have?
enter youre build specs here and make sure you have enough juice.
http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

try deleting it from device manager (right click on "my computer" select "manage" click on device manager > display adapters > right click on you gtx 560ti uninstall)

then up top click find new hardware and reinstall down load the latest driver from the vendor website

March 30, 2012 1:24:01 PM

Thanks for that.

I have a Coolermaster GX 650W PSU, so that's 650W, more than the requirements for the card and the URL you gave me suggested I needed 480W so looks like I'm well over on that for my build.

I have removed the card and reinstalled it a few times now and tried to make sure I have the latest drivers but still no joy.
I have let windows download the drivers, have installed the drivers it came with and have been on to nvidia site for the latest drivers, still no joy.

I did notice this "Total Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important" so I will double check the PSU specs.

Thanks for your help anway.
Cheers.
Pete.

!