gasperxy

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
i recently got a new ati 6770 graphics card after my old 5770 had some problem and didn't work. I put it in to computer, instal lates drivers and try playing a game. But after 5 minutes of playing the screen freezes and computer chrased. This hapen evry time i play any game lik mw2, mw3, bf3,... but when i am just using computer for internet and watching movies if works fine. Does any know what could it be?
Sory for my bad english

tricky_uk

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
That sounds like a power supply issue to me, it works fine under Windows desktop and in standard 2D apps but as soon as you load the card with a 3D game it needs more power which it isnt getting adn so it crashes the system

Can you give us a quick system spec rundown?

gasperxy

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Ok, i have amd phenom ii x4 965@3,4ghz, 8gb ram and 600W PSU. I forget to say than on integrated graphics card evrything works fine, but is not posible to play games with it. It mybe PSU problem, but computer is only 6 months old. Do you know any tool that I can check power supply?

There isn't a tool to check your PSU, you'll have to find it by opening the case. Check the brand and model of that 600W PSU.
Also, did you use your HD 5770 on that same rig?
Do you remember which driver you had before you installed the latest drivers?

gasperxy

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Yes i use 5770 on the same computer. I had 9.4(i get them on cd with graphics card) now i have 12.4 i think. Yes of coure i connect to 6pin connector.

Try using the same 9.4 catalyst drivers. I know that it's quite old, but try reverting back to them. If you are not facing the issue anymore, then it was a driver issue.

gasperxy

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
i had those already but problem was still there. Evry time before computer restart write adm drivers stopped working and recover sucesfuly. I thin it's not owerheating problem beacuse temperature never reach more than 52C.

gasperxy

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Yes almost same, but with 5770 i was unable to turn on computer, evry thing looks fine, there was just no picture on monitor. Motherboard is gigabyte m68mt-s2.