Japanese rpgs?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 3, 2005 6:39:50 PM

I know the xbox is weak for Japanese rpgs, but what are the best
japanese-style rpgs available for the system?

Sincerely,

John

More about : japanese rpgs

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:21:15 AM

"John" <johncihon@gmail.com> wrote in news:1125783590.539334.157030
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I know the xbox is weak for Japanese rpgs, but what are the best
> japanese-style rpgs available for the system?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> John

I can't really think of any except Phantasy Star Online.
September 4, 2005 2:48:04 PM

"John" <johncihon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I know the xbox is weak for Japanese rpgs, but what are the best
> japanese-style rpgs available for the system?

I think you could class Jade Empire in that.
September 5, 2005 8:57:05 PM

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message

> "John" <johncihon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I know the xbox is weak for Japanese rpgs, but what are the best
>> japanese-style rpgs available for the system?
>
> I think you could class Jade Empire in that.

Nah I don't think so. Your only chance is to mod your box, and emulate some
SNES titles like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 1-5, Secret of Mana (one of
my favorites)...

- Cryo
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 3:36:10 PM

Sudeki.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 5:33:07 PM

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message

> "John" <johncihon@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I know the xbox is weak for Japanese rpgs, but what are the best
> > japanese-style rpgs available for the system?
>
> I think you could class Jade Empire in that.

have you played Jade Empire?, not even remotely similar to a jap-RPG

and being an RPG set in a primarily asian setting does not make it a jap-RPG
;o)

like the other poster said, there aren't any really

Wurm
September 7, 2005 3:08:14 AM

"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:D fkjsj$64h$1@dns3.cae.ca...

> "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "John" <johncihon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I know the xbox is weak for Japanese rpgs, but what are the best
>> > japanese-style rpgs available for the system?
>>
>> I think you could class Jade Empire in that.
>>

> have you played Jade Empire?, not even remotely similar to a jap-RPG
>
> and being an RPG set in a primarily asian setting does not make it a
> jap-RPG
> ;o)
>
> like the other poster said, there aren't any really

Sorry I got mixed up with "japanese" rpg and "japanese rpg" ;-)
September 10, 2005 12:22:56 AM

Thanks for all the help, I'm currently playing Sudeki and it's okay,
I'm also playing Final Fantasy VII on my PC. Will the Japanese games
work on my (modded) xbox?

Sincerely,

John
September 10, 2005 6:33:45 AM

Well, if you want RPGs that are sold for XBOX in Japan, here's the list.
You'll need to download the kanji patch for Explorer if you haven't already
done so, but it only takes a minute:

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/catalog.htm?cat=RPG

Otogi might be one that you're thinking of. There are also some fantasy
type anime games that fall under this heading such as Innocent Tears. The
last one on the list is probaby of interest to you as well.

Laters,
Eric
www.japan-games.com

"John" <johncihon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I know the xbox is weak for Japanese rpgs, but what are the best
> japanese-style rpgs available for the system?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> John

September 10, 2005 12:54:15 PM

Hey

I'm sure they would, but I don't know what kind of Mod you have...

Laters,
Erc

> Thanks for all the help, I'm currently playing Sudeki and it's okay,
> I'm also playing Final Fantasy VII on my PC. Will the Japanese games
> work on my (modded) xbox?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> John

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:30:24 PM

knight37 wrote:
> Sudeki.

Climax is not a Japanese company. Australian I think.
!