Antec 300 illusion psu placement

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Antec
  • Management
  • Components
Last response: in Components
September 23, 2012 8:59:52 PM

I have an Antec 300 illusion I been painting the inside of it all white and I'm going to drill some holes for cable management and was wondering if I should drill some holes in the bottom of it so I can turn my psu facing down instead of up. Would this be worth the time and how would I go about doing that. Make some measurements and just drill me a bunch on 1/4 " holes surrounding the fan ?

More about : antec 300 illusion psu placement

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
September 23, 2012 9:06:22 PM

If your PSU intake fan isn't pulling from under the case, the case bottom isn't physically on the ground (IE the PC has feet), and you are good at fabrication, I would definitely suggest modifying your case to change the PSU to pull from under the case.

If you are going to be fabricating stuff, you would be better off fabricating a place to put an air filter on the PSU intake than to just drill holes and be done with it.
September 23, 2012 9:17:58 PM

Yeah I definitely was going to put some kind of filter. On it was just thinking about maybe zip tying a filter on the bottom of the case figured you wouldn't really see it. That would work wouldn't it. I'll never buy a cheap case again. I bought it on sale for like 40 bucks spent over 50 in painting the interior and about 8 hours in it and now more time and money. Next time I know just to buy a good case
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
September 23, 2012 10:57:43 PM

There is no reason that you shouldn't be able to zip tie on a filter.

I have seen the fans themselves be zip tied on places before.
m
l
a c 272 ) Power supply
September 24, 2012 12:16:24 AM

The Antec 300 Illusion is a great case even at $60. At $40 it can not be beat. I think your expectations were too high. If you wanted the features of a high end case you should have bought one to begin with.
m
l
September 24, 2012 1:24:36 AM

Yeah. Just didn't put much thought into my.build before I bought this. Was a spring of the moment kind of thing I'll be happy with it when I'm finished.
m
l
September 26, 2012 1:47:47 AM

Best answer selected by pgooch.
m
l
!