Deleted pics

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 16, 2005 5:06:24 PM

I have a Fuji XD picture card, 256 meg. Someone accidentally erased the
entire card. Are they truly gone, or is there an "undelete" somewhere
that I can use to recover the images?

Thanks in advance!

More about : deleted pics

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 12:01:42 AM

Try SmartRecovery or similar programs. That will recover your files if you
haven't overwritten them. You will have to use a card reader as such
programs normally do not work if the card is in the camera.

http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welco...

--
Jan Otto

"Shadowdancer" <plee@fewpb.net> wrote in message
>I have a Fuji XD picture card, 256 meg. Someone accidentally erased the
> entire card. Are they truly gone, or is there an "undelete" somewhere
> that I can use to recover the images?
>
> Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:04:08 PM

In article <42d94b72$0$18636$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,
jan.ottorno@spamgmail.com says...
> Try SmartRecovery or similar programs. That will recover your files if you
> haven't overwritten them. You will have to use a card reader as such
> programs normally do not work if the card is in the camera.
>
> http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welco...

Thank you! As soon as I saw the error, I removed the card and stored it
in its case, so it hasn't been overwritten. I have another card I can
practise on before I attempt a retrieve of the lost pics.

Thanks again.
Related resources
July 18, 2005 11:24:03 AM

If they were deleted, try using Handy Recovery. I used the free version 1.0
and it worked fine for me on a Fuji 64Mb XD card.

--
remove n u m b e r s to reply
Shadowdancer wrote in message
<1121533583.a502a154d7f5dfd6eab6e9a9de52c371@meganetnews2>...
>I have a Fuji XD picture card, 256 meg. Someone accidentally erased the
>entire card. Are they truly gone, or is there an "undelete" somewhere
>that I can use to recover the images?
>
>Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 6:43:43 PM

In article <dbei9k$40h$1@mws-stat-syd.cdn.telstra.com.au>, Ralph.Smith2
@team4.telstra6.com says...
> If they were deleted, try using Handy Recovery. I used the free version 1.0
> and it worked fine for me on a Fuji 64Mb XD card.
>
> --
> remove n u m b e r s to reply
> Shadowdancer wrote in message
> <1121533583.a502a154d7f5dfd6eab6e9a9de52c371@meganetnews2>...
> >I have a Fuji XD picture card, 256 meg. Someone accidentally erased the
> >entire card. Are they truly gone, or is there an "undelete" somewhere
> >that I can use to recover the images?
> >
> >Thanks in advance!

All of the pictures from my daughter's wedding are sitting safely on my
hard drive. I looked at three or four different programs, and decided to
use Handy Recovery 2.0 to recover the pics. Great program!
August 18, 2005 3:30:25 PM

I had something similar happen. I moved all pictures off of my Fuji,
which had all the data on a 32MB SmartMedia card. Unfortunately, I had
a problem with my computer and lost the pictures off of it. However,
although the 32MB SmartMedia card appears empty now when I put it in my
Fuji, I haven't taken any new pictures on it. Hopefully, all the
pictures are still there even though they're not visible at the moment.

I'm going to try using "PC Inspector smart recovery" or "Handy
Recovery".

Were you able to recover the pictures using the camera plugged into
your computer, or did you have to use a card reader?

I don't know where to get a card reader (for my 32MB SmartMedia) if I
need one.

!