Canon 86X f/1.7 zoom with image stabilisation....

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 16, 2005 10:39:36 PM

Canon 86X f/1.7 zoom with image stabilisation. See:

http://www.canon.com/bctv/products/pdf/disisuper86xs.pd...

Drool! Not for DSLRs, though.

David
July 16, 2005 10:39:37 PM

"David J Taylor"
<david-taylor@blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> wrote in
message news:IvcCe.71257$G8.10262@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Canon 86X f/1.7 zoom with image stabilisation. See:
>
> http://www.canon.com/bctv/products/pdf/disisuper86xs.pd...
>
> Drool! Not for DSLRs, though.

Hmmm, too low resolution for still cameras.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 12:02:53 PM

Tony Hwang wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>> Canon 86X f/1.7 zoom with image stabilisation. See:
>>
>> http://www.canon.com/bctv/products/pdf/disisuper86xs.pd...
>>
>> Drool! Not for DSLRs, though.
>>
>> David
>>

> Hi,
> 100% Optical zoom? Wonder why it's called Digisuper.
> Tony

Yes, 100% optical. I suspect anything needs to have "digital" somewhere
in its name to sell these days - it just /may/ refer to the fact that the
lens resolution is good enough for HD digital TV.

David