Sign in with
Your question

Mid/high range PC build

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2012 7:16:14 PM

hi, I'd like some advise on a build I'm planning to purchase. I don't have a lot of experience with buying PC's, but I want to be sure I buy something that worth the money. Any advise is welcome!

for the information on the PC:

Approximate Purchase Date: within two weeks

Budget Range: €970,- (± $1200,-)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming (I like to play on high settings), surfing the internet, watching movies, etc. I would like this system to last me for at least 3 years before making upgrades

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.alternate.nl

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: probably not, Maybe light overclocking

SLI or Crossfire: not from the start, perhaps in the future

Monitor Resolution: right now 1680x1050, but perhaps I'll buy a better monitor in the future

Additional Comments: I'ts important to me that the PC isn't noisy, so the quieter, the better. I also prefer a 'soberly' looking case. Lastly I'd like to keep my PC cool to lengthen its lifespan.

This is what I have come up with so far:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (€112,90)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K (€209,90)
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-700G (€ 79,90)
GPU:SAPPHIRE HD 7850 OC (€ 232,90)
Case:Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl (€ 92,90)
HDD: Western Digital WD10EZRX (€ 82,90)
RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit (€ 54,90)
DVD-drive: LG GH24NS70 (€ 14,99)
Fans: 3x Arctic F12 120x120x25 (€ 6,99 each)
assembly (€55,-)

this adds up to a total of €967,21

there are a few thing I would like to know,
first, as a total, is this a good built? did I make any mistakes, can I improve anything or save on anything?
second, can I crossfire in the future with this build? does it have a good enough PSU and Motherboard etc. for that?
thirdly, is the cooling to much, are the fans any good? can it be done cheaper?
and last, is the HDD good? I have no knowledge whatsoever about HDD's.

Again, any advise is appreciated!

More about : mid high range build

May 30, 2012 7:18:59 PM

You don't need case fans. Your case comes with the needed fans for cooling. You forgot a cooler. Get the Hyper 212 EVO.
May 31, 2012 9:36:03 AM

azeem40 said:
You don't need case fans. Your case comes with the needed fans for cooling. You forgot a cooler. Get the Hyper 212 EVO.

ok thanks, what does such a cooler do? Is the stock cooler on the i5 2500k not good enough? because this cooler would raise the price of the PC by about 20 euro (after I subtract the 14 dollar I save with removing 2 additional case fans). Is a cooler really worth the extra money?
!