pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
EVGA is always near the top on overclockability
EVGA has the best customer service of any gpu maker I know...
EVGA has a lifetime warranty...
Also EVGA just released their non reference version of the 680. Meaning it has a higher OC potential with better cooling.

DM186

Splendid
EVGA is the best but I like the double fans. Keeping cool trumps warranty. The reason I say this is because. If my $500.00 GPU is OC'd by me and it burns up because it was not cool enough.

That manufacturer will not honor the warranty unless I lie to them and I don't like liers. So If I want my $500.00 GPU to be OC'd I will buy it that way so if it burns I will get a new card from the manufacturer.

And it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, I will get a new card and MSI doesn't have that bad of a warranty either. Now if EVGA has a double fan than that would be my pick.

echod

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010

Eva no longer has lifetime, but other than that I agree. Eva makes a great product.lifetime or not who cares. Are you really going to have the same gpu 3,4,5+ years?

Edit: everyone keeps talking about waiting for aftermarket cooling but the gtx 680 already runs hella cool. I'm sure if you can wait it will be a good deal, but it's not like these things are on fire.

To each their own, on that one. The GTX580 had a pretty decent stock cooler and the GTX680 does as well. The custom cards from ASUS and others will come later, maybe even 6 months out. The DCUII boards were not stock and had more voltage regulators and such to allow more overclocking headroom and are more stable at higher power draw. The stock 680 allows for a good bit of OC, but I'm not willing to wait for the custom cards to show up that will cost a premium later down the road. This is up to whoever is shopping I guess.

1) All stock cards with the OEM cooler are going to have the same OC potential, and will all have the luck of the draw on which chips OC well. You will have to wait for the custom cards to come out for a better say on who has the higher OC ability.
2) Warranty is good. But I unload my cards each generation so anything over 2 years doesn't matter to me. If you hang onto a card for a long time this might apply.
3) You mean non reference cooler, the card is still stock. A cooler card will yield a slightly better OC if you are trying to top it out. Again, personal choice. I'm sure you will pay extra for that. As I mentioned the stock cooler is pretty darn efficient.

I have had many ASUS cards and have dealt with their support and it is great as well. Just to throw in a personal experience on that. I've never heard anything bad about MSI support either. As the GTX680 is pretty scarce right now. I'd get what I can get.

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008

wrong, yes they do have life time warranty, i just bought a 580 3 months ago and i have a life time warranty.

and no, cool temps do not trump a warranty. EVGA honors card replacements if your burn your card out due to over clocking. Which means i dont have to worry about running my gtx580 and 950mhz all day long cause if it burns out they will just send me a new one

I think he was confused with XFX. :lol: :p

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Evga is my #1 choice and MSI comes in 2nd. I've never had an MSI card b4 but I had several from Gigabyte, Sapphire, HIS and Evga. I must say Evga has the best customer service and their cards are high quality made. I know this because I used to take them apart to reapply the TIM. But if you like quieter fan, you definitely gotta go with MSI or Sapphire. Oh yea, HIS is the worst of them all (except for its heatsink's bottom is smoother and more even than the Sapphire's)

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

Anything with a -AR suffix has a lifetime warranty... but I am looking at all the EVGA 680's and they are all -KR suffixes... with 3 year warranties... Lame!

You can buy most EVGA cards in the 500 series with an -AR suffix. I hope they bring back the -AR suffix for the next releases of the 600 series.