Sign in with
Your question

Antec Kühler 920 - Upgrading Fans

Last response: in CPUs
September 24, 2012 10:28:39 AM

Could you recommend anything for it? I've heard that the Noctua NF-F12 PWM should be the best.

Also is a shroud worth getting?
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2012 12:06:16 PM

Noctua NF-F12 PWM would be good or COUGAR Vortex fans would also be good
September 24, 2012 12:20:10 PM

Which one is the best?

And do you know anything about shrouds being any good?
Related resources
September 24, 2012 1:17:01 PM

Also, just heard about something else.

Some people report about getting better temps with the rear as an intake?

(That is my case btw)
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2012 1:21:19 PM

Either of the fans will do i would think the COUGAR Vortex would be cheaper actually if you can find them get gentle typhoons fans as for getting better temps with the rear as an intake it's possible but really what you need to do is trial and error test it like that see if your temps get better if not put it back how you had it
September 24, 2012 1:31:39 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Either of the fans will do i would think the COUGAR Vortex would be cheaper actually if you can find them get gentle typhoons fans as for getting better temps with the rear as an intake it's possible but really what you need to do is trial and error test it like that see if your temps get better if not put it back how you had it

Gentle Typhoon fans, i'm finding loads of them, which one?
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2012 1:37:39 PM

hmmm...well i just checked the specs and i was mistaken check out Cougar Vortex CF-12HP 120MM fans, these fans are whisper quite and push a surprisingly large amount of air.
September 24, 2012 2:13:18 PM

Hi,

I replaced the fans of my Antec Kühler 620 with two Arctic F PWM fans and found them to give good performace and low sound levels at a great price.

I found I had best results with front intake simply because cold air is being drawn through the radiator.
September 24, 2012 3:07:03 PM

Quote:
You don't say why you are changing fans. Are they to loud or do you need better flow. I use Sharkoon and Panasonic fans. Sharkoons are powerful for the noise they create and the Panasonics (Panaflo) last forever although they can be somewhat hard to find. I am pretty sure that they are built by Rexus now. Nicko is right, if you use it as an intake you can expect a couple degrees cooler operating temps. Only do that if you case has fans on the top though.

Changing them because the Stock fans of the 920 is extremely loud at max, sounds like a plane taking off, and also because in near future i will be upgrading and overclocking pretty much everything in my case, so i'll need the best flow i can get.

Thanks for that link! Really helpful.

gilpin said:
Hi,

I replaced the fans of my Antec Kühler 620 with two Arctic F PWM fans and found them to give good performace and low sound levels at a great price.

I found I had best results with front intake simply because cold air is being drawn through the radiator.

Nice to hear someone having good results from Intake, gonna go try it.
September 24, 2012 4:45:46 PM

Didn't anyone know about Shrouds? Would like to hear if they're effecient.
!