Weird Service Shown On Cingular Phone? Normal?

Last response: in Network Providers
August 5, 2005 3:11:55 AM

Hey everyone, fast question. I have two phones: Motorola V400 and Nokia
3395, both that support GSM for Cingular with the SIM Cards and
everything. Usually when you turn on the phones, it says somewhere on
the screen "Cingular" to indicate that you are using Cingular Service.
Both phones use to do that. Well, I decided to make a call to a person
(who is also on Cingular) but had traveled away from home in NC up to
Boston. After I finished the call on the Nokia 3395, instead of
Cingular, it says "USA 41" However, when I put my SIM Card in my
motorola, it says Cingular. Is this normal? Should I be worried? And
what happened for it to change this? Thanks in advance for the help

--
soccernamlak
August 5, 2005 3:11:56 AM

"soccernamlak" <soccernamlak.1t9wuy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
message news:soccernamlak.1t9wuy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

> Hey everyone, fast question. I have two phones: Motorola V400 and Nokia
> 3395, both that support GSM for Cingular with the SIM Cards and
> everything. Usually when you turn on the phones, it says somewhere on
> the screen "Cingular" to indicate that you are using Cingular Service.
> Both phones use to do that. Well, I decided to make a call to a person
> (who is also on Cingular) but had traveled away from home in NC up to
> Boston. After I finished the call on the Nokia 3395, instead of
> Cingular, it says "USA 41" However, when I put my SIM Card in my
> motorola, it says Cingular. Is this normal? Should I be worried? And
> what happened for it to change this? Thanks in advance for the help
>

> --
> soccernamlak

No problem USA 41 is AT&TW same as Cingular.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 12:49:56 PM

Stanley and Mike, thank you very much for your time and information.
One less thing to worry about for me!

--
soccernamlak
August 5, 2005 3:37:50 PM

In article <soccernamlak.1t9wuy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
soccernamlak <soccernamlak.1t9wuy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>Hey everyone, fast question. I have two phones: Motorola V400 and Nokia
>3395, both that support GSM for Cingular with the SIM Cards and
>everything. Usually when you turn on the phones, it says somewhere on
>the screen "Cingular" to indicate that you are using Cingular Service.
>Both phones use to do that. Well, I decided to make a call to a person
>(who is also on Cingular) but had traveled away from home in NC up to
>Boston. After I finished the call on the Nokia 3395, instead of
>Cingular, it says "USA 41" However, when I put my SIM Card in my
>motorola, it says Cingular. Is this normal? Should I be worried? And
>what happened for it to change this? Thanks in advance for the help

Your 3395 is probably old enough that it does not have an alphanumeric
listing for that carrier (AT&T Wireless) in its firmware database; so
instead it just displays the code the tower is transmitting. This is a
cosmetic issue only and you should not worry about it.
!