FatBurger

Illustrious
Looks nice, but not much detail to it.
And what is the interface that's 10x faster than USB?

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That's a Firewire port. The shape was a strong clue but in one of the pictures, they list it as a SB1394 port (1394 was the IEE # for firewire).

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, and notice that it is mounted in a Blaster PC, which already has onboard SB Live Platinum 5.1 built in! The only added feature is the Firewire? And I'm supposed to share Firewire with sound on the same 133MB/s slot? When I can buy a Firewire card for only $40, but the new sound card with no other new features will cost a couple hundred? I'm sure most AMD guys out there will rant about how this is the best thing since sliced bread, Creative has most of them fooled. As for me, I'm already disatisfied with the Live Platinum, and don't need to spend more money to be further insulted by this new card!

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Russian site (http://audigy.boom.ru)?? That is strange. Did Creative move or something? Just curious, heh

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

FatBurger

Illustrious
It's probably not an official site. Either it got leaked, or they're just testing the water.
The only added feature is the Firewire?
There's not near enough detail to say this for sure. The site just has the standard marketing BS about how it's going to do everything you would ever want to use, and several things you don't need, but make you look cool, thereby allowing you to get better friends, the perfect wife/husband (how many woman are in this forum?), and suddenly become healthy, wealthy and wise.
Wait, no...it's Microsoft that always says that.

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
Nice, But i dont think i'll replace my SB live value anytime soon. And i have firewire onboard so it wouldn't gain me anything.

Im savin up for a Cobra!! Hehe!!

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
But what if you didn't have a firewire card or sound card. It's hard to gauge what other additions or fixes they may have added to this card. This is just a preview and nothing has been released from Creative yet. If you had a Live Platinum 5.1 card I dont see any reason to upgrade as well. But for around a $200 pricetage that is alot of functionality for a sound card.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

I like the naked russian chicks after the Audigy question. More naked European girls!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
The USSR was in Europe and Asia. Russia is I believe a part of Asia, although they're kind of like Australia, and just somewhere out there by themseleves.

G

Well, Russia plays within the UEFA (Europe) group of the Football World Cup Qualifiers.

I think that Russia and Europe would like to be considered in the same world area, dunno why though!

Hope this helps! (from the UK!)

Christopher

Don't wait for tomorrow! Live for Today! :)