Thoughts on video card. PLEASE REPLY

So just a quick question is the Asus AMD Radeon HD 7870 DirectCU II TOP V2 a good video card, and to what other video cards would you compare it too?
31 answers Last reply
More about thoughts video card reply
  1. Good card,comparable to the Nvidia gtx 660ti.
  2. allanitomwesh said:
    Good card,comparable to the Nvidia gtx 660ti.

    So is this a good card to get?
  3. yep,unless you have a ridiculously expensive professional monitor. You should also check your power supply cables.
  4. allanitomwesh said:
    yep,unless you have a ridiculously expensive professional monitor. You should also check your power supply cables.

    Okay thanks :) but which one is better Asus AMD Radeon HD 7870 DirectCU II TOP V2 or Nvidia GTX 660ti?
  5. Kappey said:
    Okay thanks :) but which one is better Asus AMD Radeon HD 7870 DirectCU II TOP V2 or Nvidia GTX 660ti?

    Does price matter to you? And what games are you gonna play? How much time do you want to hang on without change? Will you go SLi or Crossfire or not? Heh :lol:
  6. Neither,they trade blows depending on the game. Personal choice really,but the nvidia is abit more expensive,and you could argue it wins where it matters at benchmarks. See? tit for tat.
  7. ProVisionOman said:
    Does price matter to you? And what games are you gonna play? How much time do you want to hang on without change? Will you go SLi or Crossfire or not? Heh :lol:

    Well the price matters a bit, but im willing to spend some more money to get a better GPU. Im thinking about playing BF3 on ultra and arma 2 on highest settings and such.
  8. allanitomwesh said:
    Neither,they trade blows depending on the game. Personal choice really,but the nvidia is abit more expensive,and you could argue it wins where it matters at benchmarks. See? tit for tat.

    How about which one is better for playing BF3 on ultra settings?
  9. It's a sideways change between the two cards. You could put in more cash for a hd 79xx or gtx 670/680 . That would be a boost.
  10. The 7870 gets beat in battlefield benchmarks
  11. allanitomwesh said:
    It's a sideways change between the two cards. You could put in more cash for a hd 79xx or gtx 670/680 . That would be a boost.

    You see i'm from Finland so I would order my components from http://www.amazon.de/ so could you go there and search the best gtx 670 card for me please? :) This is my first PC build so I don't really know that much.
  12. allanitomwesh said:

    What about the gtx 670 card?
  13. If you can afford it then by all means get one.
  14. allanitomwesh said:
    If you can afford it then by all means get one.

    Yeah, but which gtx 670 should I get from amazon.de I know it's hard to say, but if you could look some up I would be thankful
  15. allanitomwesh said:

    So how much better is this one, compared to the Gigabyte OC version?
  16. KFA2 is gigabyte's performance division. Like AMG to Mercedes.
  17. allanitomwesh said:
    KFA2 is gigabyte's performance division. Like AMG to Mercedes.

    So it's worth getting this one even though it's more expensive?
  18. Yep. Or MSI power edition OC. But KFA2 is worth,overclocks like a beast.
  19. allanitomwesh said:
    Yep. Or MSI power edition OC. But KFA2 is worth,overclocks like a beast.

    So this is what I would have then: (is it any good?)

    CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5-3570k
    Video Card: KFA2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 EX OC
    CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
    RAM: Corsair 1600 CL9 8GB RAM
    SSD: Samsung MZ-7PC128B/WW 128GB
    Main Storage Drive: Seagate 2TB Barracuda
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600 Watt
    DVD Burner: Asus DVD Burner
    OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Two
  20. If you have no intention to sli then it's fine. Although, Antec Truepower New is a better psu.
  21. allanitomwesh said:
    If you have no intention to sli then it's fine. Although, Antec Truepower New is a better psu.

    what is sli :D sorry i'm a noob
  22. Running 2 or more of the same card. AMD call it Crossfire X. It helps get abit more life out of an aging card.
  23. allanitomwesh said:
    Running 2 or more of the same card. AMD call it Crossfire X. It helps get abit more life out of an aging card.

    No ,don't think i'm going to do that
  24. allanitomwesh said:
    If you have no intention to sli then it's fine. Although, Antec Truepower New is a better psu.

    Is my PSU good enough though?
  25. www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B001TGZFYA/ref=mp_s_a_3?pi=SL75&qid=1348495624&sr=8-3
    and
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00804H36M/ref=mp_s_a_4?pi=SL75&qid=1348495804&sr=8-4
    your choice.
  26. Kappey said:
    Is my PSU good enough though?

    Your psu choice is fine,above average even. I was just showing you better ones. There's 650w versions but I can't spot them on Amazon.
  27. allanitomwesh said:
    www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B001TGZFYA/ref=mp_s_a_3?pi=SL75&qid=1348495624&sr=8-3
    and
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00804H36M/ref=mp_s_a_4?pi=SL75&qid=1348495804&sr=8-4
    your choice.

    Well the cheaper one is 60€ more expensive, then the one I was thinking of getting..
  28. Kappey said:
    Well the cheaper one is 60€ more expensive, then the one I was thinking of getting..



    The ones he recommended are generally more stable though... on a side note, I've saw a cheap unbranded 1250watt PSU on a video review reach dangerous levels of voltage ripple (that can kill your components) at half the specified wattage... it even blew at its max wattage! It was done to show you should be careful with unknown brands etc.


    OCZ are good but it doesn't hurt spending a little extra... after all, everything is on the life line of your power supply.
    I'm sure you'd be fine with your PSU selection though. Just check out reviews of the PSUs, they are normally pretty informative.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Graphics Cards AMD HD Radeon Components