Sign in with
Your question

How to get good airflow through my case?

Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2012 9:05:35 PM

Hey guys I have the Diablotek Elite ATX Mid Tower case, I will post a link of it below. I am looking to install two Scythe Ultra Kaze fans into the case which I will also link below. My question here is that I want to put one in the back pushing out hot air and one in the front sucking in cool air. The problem with this is that even though there is a place for a fan to go in the front, there is no mesh design and I don't know if this fan on the front will be effective. So if you guys take a look at the case and recommend another layout with the fans different from what I am planning on now make sure to let me know. Please check into this for me guys and let me know how this will work, I need the help and appreciate it greatly!

Case: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Fans: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : good airflow case

May 31, 2012 12:20:37 AM

it looks like there is a vent for the fan at the front .... did you pick those fans for airflow as they look noisey .. maybe that doesn't bother you but if you wanted to keep noise down i would get a different more silent fan for the front as you have a large vent at the side for air your really only going to be keeping your hdd cool with the front fan and don't need such an airflow and that much extra noise in my opinion
m
l
May 31, 2012 2:17:04 AM

kiezz said:
it looks like there is a vent for the fan at the front .... did you pick those fans for airflow as they look noisey .. maybe that doesn't bother you but if you wanted to keep noise down i would get a different more silent fan for the front as you have a large vent at the side for air your really only going to be keeping your hdd cool with the front fan and don't need such an airflow and that much extra noise in my opinion

What if I get the noisy one for the back as it will be pushing out more air and a quieter fan for the front?
m
l
May 31, 2012 6:47:04 PM

yeah thats what i would do for sure
m
l
!