Complete new Build Review

tbhizzle

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Over the past week i have been on the forums trying to gather information inorder to build an ideal PC for me. I never really had a top of the line PC so i feel i dont need to go to the very best performance now. I am currently on an old emachine prebuild from 2005ish. Any thing new would be a huge step up for me. i have a build i think would work but i want you guys to look over it to make sure i didnt miss anything obvious, being that this is my first build ever. the main idea of this build is to buy decent gear with the idea of being upgradable in mind.

--->here is my amazon wish list<---

and for those that dont like amazon here is the standard newegg thing:
CPU:
i5-2500k
MOBO:
ASUS P8Z77-v LK
Case:
Coolmaster Elite 430
windows 7 home premium SP1 (dont think u need a link for that)
HDD:
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
PSU:
kingwin 750W
RAM:
Corsair Vengance Low profile 2X4gb at 1600mHz
CD/DVD:
ASUS 24X DVD Burner
Keyboard/Mouse:
Amazon Logitec Combo
Monitor:
ASUS VH242H Black 23.6"(pretty sure its 1080p)
Graphics:

Going to invest in that later, right now i have a card i put in this old desktop that is going to hopefully give me all i need. feel free to leave suggestions

Total(as of today bought from Amazon Prime):
without taxes(not sure if NJ has online taxes or not)

So to sum it up, is this set up going to work? am i going to end up running to MicroCenter to buy a small last minute item? any response is appreciated

tbhizzle

Honorable
May 19, 2012
so it would be worth it to spend another $50 on a much better psu, and i might upgrade the cpu later on, heard that ivy wasnt great for OC so i stuck with Sandy. Also probably going to get a 120GB SSD later too, looking at the M4 for that. how much more would a 2ms Monitor be? if its more than $50 its not worth it to me. would this Cosair 650 be any good. the only thing that caught my eye is that the main connector is 20+4 pin, does this even mean anything or am i just being a newb?