Program that shows FPS in game?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Games
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 30, 2012 9:33:41 PM

I know what you though. FRAPS! For extremely complicated reason, only 9/10 of everything on my screen is actually on my screen, so the FPS counter isnt there. It's there, but I dont ******* see it... IK it's dumb. If you can help me w/ that I'd be glad to take any steps to fix it.

But otherwise, BESIDES FRAPS :)  Is there another Program that shows FPS? (I think there was one that did the same thing BUT with FPS, temps, etc. I'd be fine with that too :)  Thanks guys I can always count on you :)  First to give solution is selected as best answer :p 

More about : program shows fps game

a b U Graphics card
March 30, 2012 9:36:41 PM

Im not sure why you don't see the full screen (thats something in your monitor's settings I'm sure), but you can still use FRAPS. Open up it's UI and hit the FPS tab at the top, you can change which corner you see the FPS reading in.
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:39:01 PM

trapper said:
Im not sure why you don't see the full screen (thats something in your monitor's settings I'm sure), but you can still use FRAPS. Open up it's UI and hit the FPS tab at the top, you can change which corner you see the FPS reading in.

I know, p.s. my monitor is a TV actually and wasn't made for computers appearantly so It's cutting *** off... no matter what corner. No offense, you still havent answered my question :-/
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 30, 2012 9:42:20 PM

What TV is it?
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:44:45 PM

If you're using an AMD card, open up the Catalyst utility. There's a setting in there to reduce the display size on your screen and it should make it fit. Don't know what the equivalent is for nVidia.
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:45:15 PM

EMERSON LC220EM1
m
l
March 30, 2012 9:45:41 PM

I'm using nVidia :/ 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 30, 2012 9:46:46 PM

Opening NVIDIA Control Panel the Display tab has 'Adjust desktop size and position'. In there you'd just hit the size tab then check off 'enable desktop resizing'.
m
l
March 30, 2012 10:00:40 PM

That did not do anything BUT I did find that using a VGA and 'creating' a resolution (1920x1080) did the trick. Thanks for your help man. Now I just need to find out why the hell it's sooo fuzzy... -_- Lose cable maybe?
m
l
March 30, 2012 10:03:16 PM

Do you not have a HDMI/DVI port on your TV?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 30, 2012 10:04:26 PM

If you're using VGA for that high a resolution you're likely going to have a fuzzier image, as it is analog instead of DVI/HDMI being digital.

And after checking the box you hit the 'Resize...' button? Thats when you can change how stretched the image is.
m
l
March 30, 2012 10:08:48 PM

Just saw a review on the TV. Why do you not use a DVI cable with a HDMI adapter? Analog vs Digital = Digital wins

What gfx card is it?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 30, 2012 10:37:14 PM

MSI AfterBurner and HWiNFO64 for CPU... with HWiNFO all you have to do is pick what you want to display and click "show" under Riva Tuner OSD.

It'll look like this~

m
l
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
March 30, 2012 10:42:11 PM

http://www.evga.com/precision/
EVGA Precision X - The Ultimate GeForce Controller
Precision X Video

Introducing the next generation of GPU overclocking software: EVGA Precision X. Designed from the ground up to support the latest GPU technologies, EVGA Precision X redefines what overclocking software should be. This program allows you to fine tune your EVGA graphics card, including GPU Clock speed, GPU Voltage, Memory Clock speed and Fan speed.

Want to watch what your graphics card is doing in your favorite game? Load up the integrated monitoring and see all your graphics card vitals from right inside your game.

Want to setup a custom Fan Curve? Hit the Fan Curve button and set up a custom Fan Slope. Compatible with nearly every EVGA graphics card!
m
l
!