What PSU to use

canindya

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Hi

My desktop configuratin is - i5 2400 intel processo, 8gb 1333 DDR3, ATI Radeon 5450 1gb graphics card. I was using 450 watt PSU for quite a few months. Now yesterday I upgraded my monitor to 22 inch Samsung LED (syncmaster s22b370). But right after that my PSU failed, and when I replaced with another 450 watt, it failed as well.

Now I am really confused whether 450 is less that what I should have or something else might be doing something wrong. Any pointers will be very helpful.

Solution
Anything even mediocre will probably cost you 3-4 times as much
Have no links available, I think it's flipkart.com in your area
Lowest I would look to would be an Antec VP300, just a fancified Delta built oem type unit

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
When it comes to PSU's you really do get what you pay for. Stick to name brands too, their's a reason why everyone keeps suggesting the same brands over and over, they work. Don't skimp on the PSU.

With that said and without knowing your budget or availability, I really like the Antec VP-450 for $39 shipped. If you go HERE you'll see that the VP has 80%+ efficiency (without the ratings) and a peak wattage of 553w. Very good for the price.