Closed Solved

New GPU -> Too many options... :)

Hi All.

I'm building a new machine, which will be for gaming (i5 based, 8gb)

The main concern I'm having is on which GPU to choose. I know for sure I'll be spending many hours playing old republic, and possibly skyrim, yet since i'm not a fan of FPS, I don't know how much a 560ti would be over kill? as i'm trying to minimize costs as well, maybe something else (perhaps an ATI) would be a better choice?

basically i'm capping the GPU @ 250$, and I would like to play at 1920X1080.

Thanks in advance.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about options
  1. Best answer
  2. Don't give the GPU a budget of its own. Just give us a budget for the overall system. You may find that we can allocate more to the GPU than you think you can afford. No single card is currently overkill for 1920x1080; that is, none will max absolutely every game out there at 60fps. The performance/price ratio decreases at the top end, of course.
  3. rolli's recommendation is excellent. It's a great price for a great card that should treat you well.
  4. hmm. I does sound very good. I wonder if one GB won't be a bottle neck in the near future though?

@kajabla - The GPU budget is what's left after I calculated all of the other pieces, but a very good point on its own.
  5. skalev said:
    hmm. I does sound very good. I wonder if one GB won't be a bottle neck in the near future though?

@kajabla - The GPU budget is what's left after I calculated all of the other pieces, but a very good point on its own.

As long as you're gaming no higher than 1920x1080, you should be fine with 1GB on most games.
  6. Alright, I think I might have a winner :)

will this PSU work for the card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371044
  7. skalev said:
    Alright, I think I might have a winner :)

will this PSU work for the card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371044

Yes it will!
  8. You can choose to SLI the 560Ti at a later date to make sure you dont fall behind
  9. smeg4brainsuk said:
    You can choose to SLI the 560Ti at a later date to make sure you dont fall behind

But you will need a better PSU and an SLI-certified motherboard for that, just FYI.
  10. ringzero said:
    But you will need a better PSU and an SLI-certified motherboard for that, just FYI.

Right. Ok, thanks alot you guys. Now just have to choose a keyboard ;)
  11. Best answer selected by skalev.
  12. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Intel i5 Graphics Product