Graphics card not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam000894

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I put in my evga 9800 gtx+ card into my new computer. It didn't have the right cables so I bought and used a 15 pin SATA to Dual 4 pin Molex power adapter to connect it to my computer. When I turn on the computer, nothing comes up on the monitor.

My guess is that the problem is my power supply. I have a Bestec Atx0300d5wb (I believe 300w).

The puzzling part is that the graphics card actually worked with my old computer which I believe had a weaker power supply. It had an Atx-250.

My question is: What is the problem? Is it my graphics card (which could possibly be broken) or my power supply?

If the problem is my power supply, what is a cheap one I can buy that is compatible with my card?

Thanks in advance.

sam000894

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

I have a Dell Inspiron 560. Since it's not working with my current computer, do you think it's a problem with my graphics card?

sam000894

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I will most likely buy the one in the link posted above unless I can find a cheaper, similar one. I am really hoping that its not a problem with the graphics card itself...

sam000894

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
New problem. I just bought the PSU from the link above. I inserted it into the computer and connected what seemed like the correct cables. I put in my graphics card as well.

However, when I turned on my computer, nothing came up on the monitor like last time. But I know that something is working because I heard Windows starting up through my speakers.

So how do I fix this problem? Is there something wrong with my graphics card, my cables, etc?

sam000894

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I connected the power from the PSU to the card. However, I don't know how to hook the monitor cable to the card. It seems like there are any places where I can place it into the card. I'm very bad with computers, I'm sorry.

This means I have to buy a DVI to D-Sub adaptor. Yes?

eemjaay

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I have a NVidia GeForce video card bought from www.palit.biz. The problem is when I connect my monitor to it, nothing is seen in my monitor and actually I've tried the same model to replace it but same thing happened. I've tried also to see if the monitor cables are something unscrewed or not fully plugged but nothings wrong. What is the problem sir? Pls help me..

Status
Not open for further replies.