setting up 2 users to access the same email set up.

I would like to set my wife as a separate user (done) but I want her to
access the existing email set up so she can see my email and also hers. But
I would like when she is on her user and creates an email it automatically
uses her email address instead of having to change. Mine is set as default
and would like hers to be default under her user id.

Keeping in mind that I don't want a second email. I want for her to have the
ability to read all email that has come in.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Al Toney

--
altoney@bellatlantic.net
jtoney1@bellatlantic.net

http://members.verizon.net/~altoney
3 answers Last reply
More about setting users access email

    Your ISP supplies the answer for adding another address. If this has been
    done, under IE/Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties change the info under General:
    Name.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Buddy" <altoney@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
    >I would like to set my wife as a separate user (done) but I want her to
    >access the existing email set up so she can see my email and also hers. But
    >I would like when she is on her user and creates an email it automatically
    >uses her email address instead of having to change. Mine is set as default
    >and would like hers to be default under her user id.
    >
    > Keeping in mind that I don't want a second email. I want for her to have
    > the ability to read all email that has come in.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can provide.
    >
    > Al Toney
    >
    > --
    > altoney@bellatlantic.net
    > jtoney1@bellatlantic.net
    >
    > http://members.verizon.net/~altoney

    "Buddy" <altoney@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

    >I would like to set my wife as a separate user (done) but I want her to
    >access the existing email set up so she can see my email and also hers. But
    >I would like when she is on her user and creates an email it automatically
    >uses her email address instead of having to change. Mine is set as default
    >and would like hers to be default under her user id.

    Help with OE is available from
    As far s I can see, you cannot do this with OE. If you share the
    mailboxes between the users, the settings will also be shared.

    --
    (tm)

    Hi Buddy,
    I have done this,but keep in mind I'm less then a novice,and I'm not sure
    if I remember correctly,and don't have it anymore.
    First I had to add my second users email to my ISP webmail account,
    which means you will get her mail also,but that can be changed,
    then I added my email to my second user account.
    Hence the mail from myself will come to the second account too.
    Like I said I don't remember the details,but it's a start for you.

    "Buddy" wrote:

    > I would like to set my wife as a separate user (done) but I want her to
    > access the existing email set up so she can see my email and also hers. But
    > I would like when she is on her user and creates an email it automatically
    > uses her email address instead of having to change. Mine is set as default
    > and would like hers to be default under her user id.
    >
    > Keeping in mind that I don't want a second email. I want for her to have the
    > ability to read all email that has come in.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can provide.
    >
    > Al Toney
    >
    > --
    > altoney@bellatlantic.net
    > jtoney1@bellatlantic.net
    >
    > http://members.verizon.net/~altoney

Configuration Default Email Customization Windows XP